- Volume 20 Issue 1
In this paper, a novel full-aperture reflective null measuring method is proposed to detect the transmission wavefront of a conformal dome surface. An aspheric compensator is designed and placed behind the dome to reflect the aspheric testing wave back to the same path. To ensure the feasibility of this method, tolerance analysis is conducted, and guidance to assembly is given accordingly. The accuracy of this method is verified to be λ/30 (λ =3.39 μm) by Monte Carlo algorithm. In addition, the influence of different error factors, including the thickness error and decenter error of the dome, on the testing wavefront is analyzed. Simulation and experiment indicate that this method is practical and simple, and can measure the conformal domes precisely and comprehensively.
Precision metrology;Conformal dome;Reflective null testing;Interferometry;Tolerance analysis
- K. P. Thompson and J. M. Rodgers, “Conformal optics: key issues in a developing technology,” Optics and Photonics News 8, 24-30 (1997).
- H. W. Zhao, T. J. Hou, and B. Zhu, "Military optical domes techniques researchful developments," Laser & Infrared 9, 931 (2010).
- W. Zhang, S. Q. Chen, C. L. Hao, H. H. Wang, B. J. Zuo, and Z. G. Fan, “Conformal dome aberration correction with gradient index optical elements,” Opt. Express 22, 3514-3525 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.22.003514
- H. P. Stahl, “Aspheric surface testing techniques,” Optical Fabrication and Testing 24, 86-102 (1999).
- Y. S. Kim, K. B. Ahn, K. J. Park, I. K. Moon, and H. S. Yang, “Accuracy assessment for measuring surface figures of large aspheric mirrors,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 13, 178-183 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2009.13.2.178
- W. Zhang, B. J. Zuo, S. Q. Chen, H. S. Xiao, and Z. G. Fan, “Design of fixed correctors used in conformal optical system based on diffractive optical elements,” Appl. Opt. 52, 461-6 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.52.000461
- J. Chang, W. B. Hen, R. R. Wang, and S. L. Feng, “Optical system design with conformal decentered and tilted elements,” Chin. Opt. Lett. 3, 65-68 (2011).
- L. D. Jia, "Coordinate measurement of steep conformal optics," Optics and Precision Engineering 9, 012 (2010).
- H. S. Yang and D. Walker, “Development of prototype stylus prototype for large optics testing,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 5, 60-66 (2001). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2001.5.2.060
- A. Shorey, W. Kordonski, and M. Tricard, "Deterministic, precision finishing of domes and conformal optics," Proc. SPIE 5786, 310-318 (2005).
- B. Chen, X. C. Zhang, H. Zhang, X. Y. He, and M. Xu, “Investigation of error separation for three dimensional profile rotary measuring system,” Measurement 47,627-632 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2013.09.043
- A. B. Shorey, W. Kordonski, J. Tracy, and M. Tricard, "Developments in the finishing of domes and conformal optics," Proc. SPIE 6545, 65450Q1-65450Q9 (2007).
- R. G. Hegg and C. B. Chen, "Testing and analyzing conformal windows with null optics," Proc. SPIE 4375, 138-145 (2001).
- D. Malacara-Hernandez and D. Malacara-Doblado, “Testing of aspheric wavefronts,” Fabrication and Testing of Aspheres, J. Opt. Soc. Am 24, 74-85 (1999).
- C. C. Huang, "The new null testing method for the special optical window," Proc. SPIE 7383, 73831H1-73831H6 (2009).
- X. Y. Zhang, R. K. Jiang, and S. P. Tao, "Design of the new measurement system for the conformal dome," Infrared and Laser Engineering 41, 9 (2012).
- S. A. Lerner, A. Gupta, J. M. Sasian, and J. E. Greivenkamp, “The use of implicitly defined aspheric null correctors for the testing of conformal optical elements,” Optical Fabrication and Testing OTUC2, 103-105 (2000).