- Volume 20 Issue 1
Since 2014, MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport) is carrying out a KASS project to develop and construct Korean SBAS. KASS can cause damage of human & properties if it has some problem during operation. Therefore, system safety assessment for KASS development is very important. Principal point of system safety assessment is the allocation of DAL(design assurance level) based on the hazard identification and classification. In this parer, the author conducts the allocation of DAL for KASS & its sub-systems based on the international standard(SAE ARP4761), which suggests a best practice of aviation system safety assessment. The result of this paper are the first step of system safety assessment, and can be used for further system safety assessment of KASS project.
Korea augmentation satellite system;System safety assessment;Functional hazard assessment;Design assurance level
- SAE International, ARP4761 - Guideline and methods for conducting the safety assessment process on civil airborne systems and equipment, SAE Inc., Dec. 1996.
- Korea Government, Aviation Act, Article 80-2, "Performance conformity certification of navigation safety facilities," Mar. 2013.
- MOLIT, Public Notice, Article 2015-305, "Technical standards for inspection of performance conformity certification of navigation safety facilities," May. 2015.
- ICAO, Annex 10 to the convention on international civil aviation, Volume 1 - Radio Navigation Aids, International Standards and Recommended Practices, 6th edition, p.3-70, Jul. 2006.
- KASS Program Office, Final report of the foundation study for KASS development and construction, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, Jun. 2014.
Supported by : 국토교통부