- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Conceptual Design Analysis of Satellite Communication System for KASS
KASS 위성통신시스템 개념설계 분석
Sin, Cheon Sig;You, Moonhee;Hyoung, Chang-Hee;Lee, Sanguk
- Received : 2016.02.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.22
- Published : 2016.02.28
High-level conceptual design analysis results of satellite communication system for Korea augmentation satellite system (KASS) satellite communication system, which is a part of KASS and consisted of KASS uplink Stations and two leased GEO is presented in this paper. We present major functions such as receiving correction and integrity message from central processing system, taking forward error correction for the message, modulating and up converting signal and conceptual design analysis for concepts for design process, GEO precise orbit determination for GEO ranging that is additional function, and clock steering for synchronization of clocks between GEO and GPS satellites. In addition to these, KASS requires 2.2 MHz for SBAS Augmentation service and 18.5 MHz for Geo-ranging service as minimum bandwidths as a results of service performance analysis of GEO ranging with respect to navigation payload(transponder) RF bandwidth is presented. These analysis results will be fed into KASS communication system design by carrying out final analysis after determining two GEOs and sites of KASS uplink stations.
Korea augmentation satellite system;Communication system;GEO ranging;Forward error correction;Design
- A.-L, V.-E, Avia, Satellite based augmentation system-SBAS principle and concept, Rabat 17, Oct. 2011.
- Universal avionics systems corporation, operating in satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) airspace, White Paper Oct., 2013.
- [Internet]. Available: www.infrasture.gov.au, "Satellite based augmentation system review," May, 2011.
- A. J. Van Dierendonck, and B. D. Elrod, "Ranging signal control and ephemeris/time determination for geostationary satellite navigation payloads," in Institute of Navigation 94, pp.393-402, Washington DC: USA, Jan. 1994.
- M. H. You and C. S. Sin, "Performance of SBAS system for different GEO transponder bandwidths," in 2015 Korean GNSS Society Conference, Jeju: Korea, p.206, 2015.
- RTCA, Minimum Operational Performance Standards (MOPS) for Global Positioning System/Wide Area Augmentation System Airborne Equipment, DO-229D (Change 1), February 1, 2013.