- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Methodology of Interference Analysis Between TACAN/DME Beacons and Ground-based Link-16 Terminals
TACAN/DME 비콘과 Link-16 지상국 간의 간섭분석 방법
- Received : 2016.02.05
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this paper, the method of interference analysis and its simulation have been suggested for the frequency sharing between aeronautical radio navigation systems and Link-16 platforms. In order to get the criteria for interoperability, the algorithm of interference analysis and protection ratio are derived to assure frequency sharing. Also the receiving power of wireless system has been illustrated with the help of radio propagation model of ITU-R Rec. P.1546 in VHF-UHF band. Finally the required receiving power or separation distance between DME/TACAN beacons and Link-16 ground station terminals has been considered based on system link budget in terms of evaluating interoperability as well as actual applications. As a result, if the suggested interference analysis and test set-up are applied to the field trial, it will lead to easy means to make a decision on interoperability over the existing incumbent systems.
Frequency interference;Link-16;Minimum coupling loss;Protection ratio;TACAN/DME
- ITU homepage. Available: http//www.itu.int/ITU-R.
- J. G. Bae, The efficient management method for near aeronautical frequency band, CNS Today, pp. 26-30, Dec. 2014.
- K. W. Suh, Consideration for assuring interoperability of aeronautical safety facility between civil and military in 960-1,215 MHz, CNS TODAY, pp. 8-15, June 2015.
- MNWG, Common Frequency Clearance Criteria, The Multi National Working Group Steering Committee, Issue 3, 30th Oct. 2012.
- MNWG, Link 16 JTIDS/MIDS Spectrum, MNWG 2014, 5 May, 2014.
- ITU, ITU-R Rec. SM.337, Frequency and distance separations, SM Series, Geneva, Switzerland, 1997.
- ITU, Report ITU-R SM.2028-1, Monte Carlo simulation methodology for the use in sharing and compatibility studies between different radio services or systems, Switzerland 2001-2002.
- K. W. Suh, "A generalized formulation of the protection ratio applicable to frequency coordination in digital radio relay networks," Radio Science, Vol. 42, RS1007, Feb. 2007.
- R. L. Freeman, Radio System Design for Telecommunication 2nd ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1997.
- ITU, ITU-R Rec. P.1546-4, Method for point-to-area prediction for terrestrial services in the frequency range 30 MHz to 3000 MHz, Geneva, Switzerland, 2009.
- K. W. Suh, "A study on compatibility analysis based on minimum coupling loss applicable to frequency coordination combined with geographic information," International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering , Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 31-46, Nov. 2013.
- K. W. Suh et al., A study on methodology of multi interference analysis for dynamic warfare environment, ADD(Korea), Technical Report, Dec. 2012.
- ITU, ITU-R Rec. P.530-16, Propagation data and prediction methods required for the design of terrestrial line-of-sight systems, P series 2009. Geneva, Switzerland, 2015.
- USA, DoD, Chairman of the joint chiefs of staff instruction: Link-16 spectrum deconfliction with the United States and possessions, CJCSI 6232.01B, 16 March 2001.
Supported by : 강남대학교