- Volume 20 Issue 1
In this paper, we propose a novel quadratic Kalman filter based object tracking algorithm using moving pictures. Quadratic Kalman filter, which is introduced recently, has not yet been applied to the problem of 3-dimensional (3-D) object tracking. Since the mapping of a position in 2-D moving pictures into a 3-D world involves non-linear transformation, appropriate algorithm must be chosen for object tracking. In this situation, the quadratic Kalman filter can achieve better accuracy than extended Kalman filter. Under the same conditions, we compare extended Kalman filter, unscented Kalman filter and sequential importance resampling particle filter together with the proposed scheme. In conculsion, the proposed scheme decreases the divergence rate by half compared with the scheme based on extended Kalman filter and improves the accuracy by about 1% in comparison with the one based on unscented Kalman filter.
Kalman filter;Non-linear filtering;Object tracking;Particle filter;Quadratic Kalman filter
- R. E. Kalman, "A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems," Transactions of the ASME - Journal of Basic Engineering, Series D, No. 82, pp. 35-45, 1960.
- H. W. Sorenson, Kalman Filtering: Theory and Application, 1st ed. New York, NY: IEEE Press, 1985.
- S. Rezaei, "Kalman filter-based integration of DGPS and vehicle sensors for localization," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 1080-1088, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2006.886439
- J. E. Guivant and E. M. Nebot, "Optimization of the simultaneous localization and map-building algorithm for real-time implementation," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 17. No.3, pp. 242-257, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.938382
- S. J. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, "A new extension of the kalman filter to nonlinear systems," in AeroSense'97 International Society for Optics and Photonics, Orlando: FL pp. 182-193, 1997.
- S. J. Julier, J. K. Uhlmann, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, "A new method for the nonlinear transformation of means and covariances in filters and estimators," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 477-482, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.847726
- M. S. Arulampalam, S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, "A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear /non-gaussian bayesian tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 2, No. 50, pp. 174-188, 2002.
- F. Gustafsson, F. Gunnarsson, N. Bergman, U. Forssell, J. Jansson, R. Karlsson, and P. J. Nordlund, "Particle filters for positioning, navigation, and tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp.425-437, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.978396
- A. Monfort, J. P. Renne, and G. Roussellet, "A quadratic Kalman filter," Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 1, No. 187, pp. 43-56, 2015.
- R. Hartley and A. Zisserman, Camera Models, in Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision. 2nd ed. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, ch. 6, pp. 153-177, 2003.
Supported by : 한국연구재단