- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Unequal Dualband Wilkinson Divider Using CPW and Shunt Connected Open Stub Transmission Lines
CPW와 개방 스터브가 병렬 연결된 전송선로를 이용한 비대칭 이중대역 Wilkinson 분배기
Kwon, Sang-Keun;Kim, Young;Yoon, Young-Chul
- Received : 2015.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.02.28
This paper presents a high dividing ratio unequal dualband divider using coplanar waveguide (CPW) and shunt connected open stub transmission lines. In order to implement transmission lines for a dualband divider using design equations, the low impedance lines of divider can be realized a shunt connected open stub transmission line. Also, the high impedance lines are realized by CPW transmission lines. To certify the validity of an unequal dualband divider using CPW and shunt connected open stub transmission lines, the 10:1 unequal dualband divider is implemented at operating frequency of 1 and 2 GHz. Good experimental performance at each frequency are obtained, which are in good agreement with the simulated results.
CPW line;Dualband;Shunt connected open stub transmission line;Unequal divider
- C. Monzon, "A small dual frequency transformer in two sections," IEEE Transaction Microwave Theory Techniques, Vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1157-1161, Apr. 2003.
- M. Chongcheawchamnan, S. Patissang, and S. Srisathit, "Analysis and design of a three section transmission line transformer," IEEE Transaction Microwave Theory Techniques, Vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 2458-2462, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2005.850408
- H. Jwaied, F. Muwanes, and N. Dib, "Analysis and design of quad-band four section transmission line impedance transformer," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 381-387, Nov. 2007.
- H. Jwaied, F. Mawanes, and N. Dib, "Analysis and design of a quad-band Wilkinson power divider," International Journal on Wireless and Optical Communication, Vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 305-312, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219799507000680
- M. Chongcheawchamnan, S. Patissang, M. Krairiksh, and I. Robertson, "Tri-band Wilkinson power divider using a three section transmission line transformer," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Communication Letters, Vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 452-454, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.879488
- M. Khodier, N. Dib, and J. Ababneh, "Design of multiband multi-section transmission line transformer using particle swarm optimization," Electrical Engineering Journal (Archiv fur Elektrotechnik), Vol. 90, no. 4, pp.293-300, Apr. 2008.
- A. Mohra and M. Alkanhal, "Dual band Wilkinson power dividers using T-sections," Journal of Microwave, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 7, no. 2, pp.83-90, 2008.
- Y. Wu, Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A compact Pi-structure dualband transformer," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, pp.121-134, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER08102601
- C. Feng, G. Zhao, X. Liu, and F. Zhang, "A novel dual-frequency unequal Wilkinson power divider," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1695-1699, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23447
- A M. Qaroot, N. I. Dib, and A. A. Gheethan,"Design methodlogy of multi-frequency unequal split Wilkinson power divider using transmission line transformers," Progress in Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, pp.1-21, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIERB10042809
- K. K. Cheng and F. Wong, "A novel approach to the design and implementation of dual-band compact planar 90 branch line coupler," IEEE Transaction Microwave Theory Techniques, Vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 2458-2463, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2004.837151
- J. X. Niu and X. L. Zhou, "A novel dual-band branch line coupler based on strip-shaped complementary split ring resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Lettters, Vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 2859-2862, Nov. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.22873
- C. Brain. Wadell, Transmission line Design Handbook, Norwood, MA, Artech House, 1991.
- Y. Kim, "A 10:1 Unequal Gysel power divider using a capacitive loaded transmission line," Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 32, pp. 1-10, 2012.