- Volume 20 Issue 1
Network traffic is increased rapidly, due to mobile and social network, such as smartphones and facebook, in recent web environment. In this paper, we improved web response time of existing system using direct buffer of NIO and DMA. This solved the disadvantage of JAVA, such as CPU performance reduction due to the blocking of I/O, garbage collection of buffer. Key values circulated many data due to priority change put on a hash map operated easily and apply a priority modification algorithm. Large response data is separated and stored at a fast direct buffer and improved performance. This paper showed that the proposed method using NIO was much improved performance, in many test situations of cache hit and cache miss.
Web;Cache;Nonbloking input-output;Direct buffer
- Cisco Visual Networking Index. Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update 2013-2018 White Paper: [Internet]. Available: https://www.cisco.com/web/KR/pdf/cisco_vni_fore cast_ qa.pdf
- Cisco Visual Networking Index:Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update,2014-2019: [Internet]. Available: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/visual-networking-index-vni/white_paper_c11-520862.pdf
- T. Y. Kuo, Y. S. Chung, and J. Y. Park, "Cache layout management for reducing network traffic," in Korea Information Science Society Conference, Jeju: Korea, pp. 249-250, Jun.2012.
- H. Al-Zoubi, A. Milenkovic and M. Milenkovic, "Performance evaluation of cache replacement policies for the SPEC CPU2000 benchmark suite," in Proceedings of the 42th Annual Southeast Regional Conference, New York: NY, pp 267-272, 2004.
C. Y. Chang, T. Mcgregor and G. Holmes, "The LRU
$^*$WWW proxy cache document replacement algorithm," in Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Web Conference, Hong Kong: China, 1999.
- P. R. Wilson, Uniprocessor Garbage Collection Techniques, Technical report, University of Texas, Jan 1994. Expanded version of the IWMM92 paper.
- P. Cheng, G. E. Blelloch, "A parallel, real-time garbage collector," in Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Design and Implementation, New York: NY, pp. 125-136, 2001.
- The Development of Monitoring System for PC and Server State Management vol.20, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.9.1741