- Volume 20 Issue 1
Wearable display market is a consistently growing field to handle a smart device with ease. Wearable display is an efficient device that can show the information to the user. In this paper, propose the scheme of a wearable display using LED and implement it including controlling remotely with BLE. Traditional outdoor LED display requires the dedicated controller and its software. Therefore, to control those LED display, it should implement a driver and its own way of communication. The proposed method is to ensure the independence and extensibility by separating driver module and communication module for controlling LED display. In addition, by adopting a short-range communication with Bluetooth 4.0 and a LED driver with low-power technology, it can be showed to control system configuration and display with a smart device.
Bluetooth Low Energy;LED display;Remote control;Bitmap Image. Origami Tube Design
- J. B. Jung, J. Y. Lee and H. Kim, "Study of industrial competitiveness wearable smart devices," in Proceeding of the Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Korea: Jeju, Summer, 2014.
- I. J. Jun and K. Y. Chung, "Life weather index monitoring system using wearable based smart cap," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 477-484, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.12.477
- J. I. Lee, "A study on the flexible display R&D technology design convergence," Korea Science & Art Forum, Vol. 18, pp. 519-529, Dec. 2014.
- B. H. Cho, "Design of restaurant advertisement and order system using bluetooth 4.0 technology," The Journal of the Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 69-76, Feb. 2015.
- U. J. Lee, H. Y. Park and H. C. Shin, "Implementation of a bluetooth-LE based wireless ECG/EMG/PPG monitoring circuit and system," Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 261-268, June. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2014.51.6.261
- W. J. Lee, W. S. Hwang and J. S. Kim, "A remote control system using bluetooth," Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 33-42, Mar. 2014.
- S. H. Shin and H. Y. Kim, "Wireless LED lighting control using the smartphones," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp.3385-3390, June. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3385
- S. H. Kang and S. W. Hong, "Resent progress in flexible/wearable electronics," Journal of Welding and Joining, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 32-42, June. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5781/JWJ.2014.32.5.32
- J. H. Lee, H. Y. Chu, K. S. Suh and K. Y. Kang, "Flexible display," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, ETRI, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 48-61, Dec. 2012.
- S. B. Hong, "The development of the medical information's transmission system using the bluetooth," The Journal of Korea Navigation Institute, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 787-792, Oct. 2009.
- J. S. Bae and S. G. Kang, "Implementation of a point-to-multipoint wireless communication system based on the bluetooth," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Maritime Information & Communication Sciences, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 1921-1927, Sep. 2009.
- S. O. Moon, "An adaptive frequency hopping method in the bluetooth baseband," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Maritime Information & Communication Sciences, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 237-241. Apr. 2005.
- Y. J. Ha, B. Y. Jin and S. Kim, "Design of the high speed data processing controller for the LED full color display board system," in Proceeding of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Mokpo; Korea, pp. 493-499, June. 2009.
- N. M. Benbernou, Geometric algorithms for reconfigurable structures, Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. of Mathematics, MIT, Sep. 2011.
- E. T. Filipova, T. Tachib and P. Glaucio H. "Origami tubes assembled into stiff, yet reconfigurable structures and metamaterials," Proceedings of National Academy of Science, Vol. 112, No. 40, pp. 12321-12326, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1509465112
- Orilamps co., Ltd., A bluetooth-enabled, multi-purpose modern lamp, Jan. 2016, [Internet]. Available: http://orilamps.com/orilamps/
Supported by : 금오공과대학교