- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Plant Growth Regulators on Seed Germination and Seedling Growth of Mountain Mulberry Seeds (Morus bombycis Koidz)
식물생장조절물질이 산뽕나무 종자의 발아 및 유묘생장에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.01.27
- Published : 2016.02.29
This is the fundamental research on restoring damaged vegetation areas in the vicinity of DMZ using local native plant species. This research is aimed at identifying effective plant growth regulators (PGR) for seed germination and seedling growth of mountain mulberry, and developing effective methods for managing its germination and growth. Mountain mulberry seeds were collected from the regions in the DMZ vicinity, and tests with seven treatments using four PGRs including
Ecological restoration;Native plant species;Germination improvement;Seedling growth enhancement
- Arteca, RN and CN Dong. 1981. Increased photosynthetic rates following gibberellic acid treatments to the roots of tomato plants. Photosynthesis Research. 2(4): 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00056261
- Bae, KS. 1996. Effect of Hormonal regulations on activity of Amylase in the germination of Mulberry seeds. Research Bulletin of institute of Agricultural and Life Resources. 5: 33-39. (in Korean with English summary)
- Barbour, JR.RA Read and RL Barnes. 2008. Morus L. The woody plant seed manual, Forest Service USDA Agri.Handbook. pp. 728-732.
- Bevilacqua, LR.F Fossati and G Dondero. 1987. Callose in the impermeable seed coat of Sesbania punicea. Ann. Bot. 59: 335-341. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aob.a087322
- Choi, SY and KS Lee. 1995. Effect of plant growth regulators on the germination and seedling growth of Wasabia japonica Matsum seeds. Korean J. medicinal Crop Sci. 3(2): 111-115.
- Davies, PJ. 2010. The plant hormones: Their nature, occurrence, and functions. Plant Hormones. Springer Netherlands. pp. 1-15.
- Dunlap, JR and PW Morgan. 1977. Reversal of induced dormancy in lettuce by ethylene, kinetin and gibberellic acid. Plant Physiol. 60: 222-224. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.60.2.222
- Herrera-Teigeiro, I..LF Jimenez-Garcia and JM Vazquez-Ramos. 1999. Bezyladenine promotes early activation of p34 (cdc2)-like kinase(s) during maize germination seed Sci. Res. 9: 55-62.
- Hur, YJ.MH Kim.GW Cha and TY Ahn. 2010. The Influence of Germinations in Soaking Treatment of Rhus chinensis, Lespedeza cyrtobotrya and Lespedeza cuneata. J. Korean Env. Res. Tech. 13(2): 42-51. (in Korean with English summary)
- Hutchinson, CE and JJ Kieber. 2002. Cytokinin signalling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 14: 547-559. https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.010391
- Hwang, HJ.JM Lee.SY Kim and GW Choi. 2008. Seed germination in lettuce affected by light quality and plant growth regulators. Journal of Bio-Environment Control. 17(1): 51-59. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kang, KK.YW Kwon and CY Yoo. 1985. Effect of applied GA3 and paclobutrazol, an inhibitor of GA biosynthesis, on the growth of internodes and panicle of the rice plants. Korean J. Crop Sci.30(4): 471-480.
- Kelly, KM.J van Staden and WE Bell. 1992. Seed coat structure and dormancy. Plant Growth Regulation 11: 201-209. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00024559
- Khan, AA and KL Tao. 1978. Phytohormones, seed dormancy and germination. In: Letham D.S.
- Khan, AA. 1968, Inhibition of gibberellic acidinduced germination by abscisic acid and reversal by cytokinins. Plnat Physiol. 43(9): 1463-1465. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.43.9.1463
- Khan, MA and IA Ungar. 1986. Inhibition of germination in Atriplex triangularis seeds by application of phenols and reversal of inhibition by growth regulators. Bot. Gaz. 147: 148-151. https://doi.org/10.1086/337580
- Kim, GT and TW Um. 1995. Effect of gibberellic acid treatment on germination a study for the utilization of wild herbaceous species. Kor. J. Environ. Ecol. 9: 56-61. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, HS.H Kang and IS So. 2005. Effect of several plant growth regulators on seed germination of Prunus yedoensis Matsumura. J. Subtropical Agri & Biotech., Cheju Nat'l Univ. 20(1): 103-112. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, KH. 2015. Development of Ecological Methods Using Native Species in DMZ Vicinities. Proceedings of International Symposium of "Seed Treatment and Use for Ecological Restoration on Degraded Areas near DMZ"
- Knapp, EE. and KJ Rice. 1994. Starting from seed; genetic issues in using native grasses for restoration. Ecological Rest. 12: 40-45. https://doi.org/10.3368/er.12.1.40
- Ko, HJ.CK Song and NK Cho. 2003. Growth of seedling and germination characteristics of Acanthopanax koreanum NAKAI. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 11: 46-52. (in Korean with English summary)
- Lamson, NI. 1990. Morus rubra L., red mulberry. In: Burns RM, Honkala BH. tech. coords. Silvics of North America.Volume 2, Hardwoods. Agric. Handbook 654. Washington, DC: USDA Forest Service: 470-473.
- Lee, JH. 2014. ABA signal transduction pathway in plants: ABA transport, perception, signaling and post-translational modification. Journal of life science. 24(2): 196-208. (in Korean with English summary) https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2014.24.2.196
- Lee, JS and UJ Lee. 1997. Effect of growth regulators on plant regeneration and seedling growth of Chrysanthemum zawadskii in vitro. J.Nat. Sci. Inst. Soeoul Women's Univ. 1-6. (in Korean with English summary)
- Lee, SH and DH Chung. 1982. Studies on the effects of plant growth regulator on growth and nutrient compositions in soybean sprout. J. Korean agricultural chemical society. 25(2): 75-82.(in Korean with English summary)
- Mohammed, EF and KS Ryu. 1988. Effect of growth regulators on the dormancy of mulberry (Morus alba L.) winter buds in Taegu. Korean Journal of sericultural science. 30(2): 75-83.
- Munns, R and GR Cramer. 1996. Is coordination of leaf and root growth mediated by abscisic acid? Opinion. Plant Soil. 185: 33-49. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02257563
- Nam, UJ.NC Kim.MH Cho.I Gil.SH Lee and JH Lee. 2007. Study on the Vegetation Change of the Road-side slopes Restored by Native Herbs and Woody Plants -Centered with Monitoring Survey-. J. Korean Env. Res. Tech. 10(4): 70-82. (in Korean with English summary)
- Park, DS. 2003. Effect of nutrient solution concentration, irrigation system and growth retardant on the growth and flowering of potted chrysanthemum. Master's dissertation. Sunchon Univ. (in Korean with English summary)
- Pospisilova, J.H Synkova and J Rulcova. 2000. Cytokinins and water stress. Biol. Plant. 43: 321-328. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1026754404857
- Rhie, YH.SY Lee.JY Park and KS Kim. 2014. Scarification and gibberellic acid affecting to dormancy breaking of variegated solomon's seal (Polygonatum odoratum var. pluriflorum 'Variegatum'. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 32(3): 296-302. (in Korean with English summary)
- Sa, JH.YS Jin.IC Shin.TH Shim and MH Wang. 2004. Photoprotective effect and antioxidative acivity from different organs of Morus bombycis Koidzumi, Kor. J. Pharmacogn. 35(3): 207-214. (in Korean with English summary)
- Shah, SH. 2007. Effect of kinetin spray on growth and productivity of black cumin plants. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology. 54(5): 702-705. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1021443707050202
- Shon, TK.SC Lee and KU Kim. 1993. Biochemical effects of ABA and GA3 on the growth of rice (Oryza sativa L.) seedlings. Agricultural research bulletin of Kyungpook national university. 11: 31-41. (in Korean with English summary)
- Synkova, H.K van Loven and R Valcke. 1997. Increased content of endogenous cytokinins does not delay degradation of photosynthetic apparatus in tobacco. Photosynthetica. 33: 595-608.
- Vu, NT.HM Kang.YS Kim.KY Choi and IS Kim. 2015. Growth, physiology, and abiotic stress response to abscisic acid in tomato seedlings. Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology. 56(3): 294-304. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13580-015-0106-1
- Watkins, JT and DJ Cantliffe. 1983. Hormonal control of pepper seed germination. Hort-Science. 18: 342-343.
- Yoon, ST.DJ Lee and YH Kim. 1999. The technology for increasing seed viability by priming treatment and plant growth regulators in medicinal plants. Kor. J. Int. Agri. 11(1): 85-95. (in Korean with English summary)
- Yoshida, H. 2015. Practice of nature restoration on engineered slopes and the problem using native plant seeds in Japan. Proceedings of International Symposium of "Seed Treatment and Use for Ecological Restoration on Degraded Areas near DMZ"
Grant : DMZ일원 훼손지역의 자생종 활용 생태복원기술 개발
Supported by : 환경부