- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Type of Damaged Land in DeMilitarized Zone(DMZ) Area and Restoration Direction
비무장지대(DMZ) 인근의 훼손지 유형 분석 및 복원방향
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.01.25
- Published : 2016.02.29
Purpose of this study is to classify damaged lands according to the cause of the damage and their influences based on characteristic of the damaged lands in DeMilitarized Zone(DMZ) area, and utilize this study as a fundamental study for establishment of ecosystem restoration system. Literature review and field survey have been conducted to review the damage status of DMZ area. For field survey, first year and second year have been conducted, in which type of the damage has been reviewed in this study. In the result, types of damage have been classified into 6 categories: 'alteration of initial landform', 'loss of surface layer', 'land pollution', 'alteration of soil chemical property', 'decline of vegetation', and 'invasion of foreign species'. Restoration for each damage type is as following. First, for alteration of initial landform, the land is restored to the original landform prior to the damage and connection to surrounding ecosystem is considered. Second, for loss of surface layer, lost surface layer is restored or further loss is prevented with stabilization. Third, for land pollution, source of the pollution is eradicated or self-circulation with purification of polluted land is encouraged. Fourth, for alteration of soil chemical property, soil is restored of its original property with eradication of the pollution source and improvement of soil. Fifth, for decline of vegetation, current vegetation and anticipated alteration in future are considered and number of wild species is to be increased based on structure and characteristic of nearby vegetation. Sixth, for invasion of foreign species, prevention of dominance by risky species and facilitation ecological stability with ecological management are to be considered. Influence according to the cause of damage has occurred in secondary(indirect) influence or simultaneous occurrence of several damage types. Considering all these aspects, when type of the damage is complex, restoration process for each of former mentioned 6 damage types with solitary influence should be considered in unison.
DMZ;Damage effect;Landscape ecology;Development
- Kim CH. 2004. (A) Study on The Tour Development for the Military Security Resources in DMZ. Master's thesis. Kyunggi Univ.
- Kim CH. 2010. Study of vegetation of civilian control line.DMZ area. The Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 63-74.
- Kim DY. 2015. A Study on the Development of the DMZ Tourism Merchandising which Use Storytelling, The Korean Society of Business Venturing. vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 83-93.
- Kim JW. 2013. Korea Plant Ecology Handbook.
- Kwon IC. 2013. A Study on the systematic management measure of natural resources in the Demilitarizes Zone in Gyeonggi-do.
- Jeon SW et al. 2007. A Study on the Setting for the National Ecological Network.
- Jeon SW et al. 2009. A study on establishing the basic plan for DMZ ecological-peace park. Korea Environment Institute.
- Lee JC. 2001. A Study on Sustainable Tourism Development of DMZ in Korean Peninsula, Journal of Public Policy. vol. 10, pp. 135-158.
- ME. 2011. A Study on the Conservation of Surface Soil and Eroison Control. pp. 6-8.
- Na HS et al. 2015. A Study on Spatial Characteristic of Damaged Forest Areas by Image Interpretation -Focused on DMZ region in Hwacheon and Cheorwon- The Association Of Korean Photo-Geographers. vol. 25, no. 3.
- O YJ. 2010. A study on geotechnical investigation method for DMZ development. Master's thesis. Korea Univ.
- Park EJ.Jeon SH.Nam MA and Hong SY. 2011. Ecosystem Destroying Factors and the Mitigation of Impacts in the Civilian Control Zone. Gyeonggi Research Institute.
- Shim YS. 2000. The study on the development plan of tourism resource in DMZ. Master's thesis. Kyung Hee Univ.
- Yoon H and Kim NY. 2014. The Plan for Realization of Korea's DMZ Global Peace Park in Park Geun-hye's Administration. Kyung Hee Institute for Human Society. vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 97-126.
- Jeon C. 2007. The Analysis of how much people recognize the DMZ sightseeing resources and what we can do about it. Master's thesis. Sejong Univ.
- Jeon SW et al. 2003. An Environment Conservation Master Plan for the Korea DMZ Area. Korea Environment Institute.
- Spatial Pattern and Factor Analyses for Forest Sustainable Development Goals within South Korea’s Civilian Control Zone vol.10, pp.10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/su10103500
Grant : 생태계복원 관리기술
Supported by : 충남대학교산학협력단