- Volume 33 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Feasibility Evaluation of End-to-End Application of Single Disposable UHF RFID Tags to Automotive Production Lines
단일 일회용 UHF RFID 태그의 자동차 생산라인 일관 적용에 대한 타당성 검증
Park, Kyujong;Lee, Yong-Han
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2016.03.01
Traceability is essential in modern automotive manufacturing. Among existing technologies, RFID is the most promising choice for this purpose. However, due to the harsh conditions of production lines, especially in the paint shop, automobile OEMs would require expensive dedicated RFID tags and readers, which are incompatible with standard RFID technologies. Unlike the manufacturing industry, the logistics industry uses UHF label tags for track and trace, which provides high performance and a low price. Recently, this technology has improved to the extent that it can be used in harsh conditions such as on metal parts or in liquid. Herein, we assess the technical, operational, and economic feasibility of UHF label-tag technology for seamless end-toend traceability. Based on prototyping, lab/field tests, and cost-benefit analysis, we have proven that the single disposable UHF tags can successfully replace the problematic and expensive tags used in most domestic automobile OEMs today.
- Jin, H.-J., Kim, H., and Lee, Y.-H., "A Context-Aware System for Reliable RFID-Based Logistics Management," Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 18, No. 2, 2013.
- Korea IT Business Promotion Association, "Research Report on RFID-Promotion Strategy for Automotive and Electronics Industry," 2011.
- Ziano, J., "Car Makers Steer toward RFID," RFID Journal, http://ww.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?10481 (Accessed 19 February 2016)
- Lahiri, S., "RFID Sourcebook," IBM Press, pp.1-48, 2006.
- Roberti, M, "A Plethora of RFID Products," RFID Journal, http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?10570 (Accessed 19 February 2016)
- Swedberg, C, "Confidex Releases Printable, Flexible On-Metal RFID Label," RFID Journal, http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?10955 (Accessed 19 February 2016)
- Youm, S. -K., Lee, Y. -H., Kim, H., Rhee, J., and Cho, S.-K., "A Methodological Model for Effective RFID System Development," Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 433-333, 2008.
- Jeong, J.-H. and Lee, Y.-H., "Development of a Process Centered RFID Cost-Benefit Analysis and Tool," Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 173-188, 2008.
Kang, Y.-S., Youm, S., Lee, Y.-H., and Rhee, J., "RFID-Based
$CO_2$Emissions Allocation in the Third-Party Logistics Industry," Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, Vol. 11, No. 3-4, pp. 1550-1557, 2013.
- GM Daewoo Consortium, "Company-Wise RFID ROI Analysis," 2010.
Supported by : 산업통상자원부