- Volume 33 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Structural Design and Manufacturing of Corrugated Plate for Plate-Type Heat Exchanger
연속 주름구조를 가진 전열판의 기계적 건전성 확보를 위한 형상 설계 및 제작
Yu, Jae Hyun;Bae, Won Byong;Park, Sang Hu;Cho, Jong Rae;Jeong, Ho Seung
- Received : 2015.06.29
- Accepted : 2015.11.04
- Published : 2016.03.01
A thin sheet of metal with corrugated structures has been utilized in various devices: heat exchangers, separators in fuel cells, and many others. However, it is not easy to fabricate thin corrugated structures using a single-step stamping process due to their geometrical complexity. To solve this problem, firstly, a plate type heat exchanger was redesigned to attain the optimal value of aspect ratio and the optimal shape of corrugated structures for the actual loading conditions. A forming analysis of the corrugated plate was then carried out to determine the process parameters. From this work, the optimal value of aspect ratio was found to be 4.6. In addition, the process parameters of heat exchanger forming were optimized using the optimal value of aspect ratio, and the analytical results were evaluated through experiments. The results obtained indicated good agreements between them.
Sheet metal forming;Corrugated structure;Optimal shape;Plate-Type heat exchanger
- Choi, S. W., Cho, J. R., Kim, H. J., and Willians, P., "Development of Multi-Step Stamping Process for the Effective Fabrication on Thin Sheet Having High Aspect Ratio Corrugated Structures," Transaction of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers: A, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 219-226, 2010.
- Focke, W. W., Zachariades, J., and Oliver, I., "The Efeect of the Corrugation Inclination Angel on the Thermohydraulic Performance of Plate Heat Exchanger," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 1469-1479, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0017-9310(85)90249-2
- Gaiser, G. and Kottke, V., "Flow Phenomena and Local Heat and Mass Transfer in Corrugated Passages," Chemical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 400-405, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.270120157
- Stasiek, J., Colins, M. W., Ciofalo, M., and Chew, P. E., "Investigation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Corrugated Passages: I. Experimental Results," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 149-164, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(96)85013-7
- Ciofalo, M., Stasiek, J., and Collins, M. W., "Investigation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Corrugated Passages: II. Numerical Simulations," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 165-192, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(96)85014-9
- Gut, J. A. W. and Pinto, J. M., "Optimal Configuration Design for Plate Heat Exchangers," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 47, No. 22, pp. 4833-4848, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2004.06.002
- Muley, A., Manglik, R. M., and Metwally, H. M., "Enhanced Heat Transfer Characteristics of Viscous Liquid Flows in a Chevron Plate Heat Exchanger," Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 121, No. 4, pp. 1011-1017, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2826051
- Jain, S., Joshi, A., and Bansal, P., "A New Approach to Numerical Simulation of Small Sized Plate Heat Exchangers with Chevron Plates," Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 129, No. 3, pp. 291-297, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2430722
- ASM International Handbook Committee, "ASM Handbook Vol. 4: Heat Treating," ASM International, 1991.
- Choi, S. W., Park, S. H., Min, J. K., Jeong, H. S., Ha, M. Y., et al., "Fabrication a Plate Type Heat Exchanger Having High Aspect Cross-Corrugated Structures," Proc. of the KSME Spring Annual Conference, pp. 126-130, 2010.
- ESI Korea Co., Ltd., "Pam-Stamp 2G, User's Manual," 2011.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부산대학교