- Volume 18 Issue 1
Urban planning is the task to explore measures for bringing order to the change in urban space of future predicted in relation to the size and purpose of the land and a variety of facilities in cities in order to present the environment that can promote the qualitative improvement of activities of residents, ensure orderly urban space of future, and create appropriate urban environment which meets the desire of citizens by anticipating the urban development on the basis of overall activities such as politics, economics, culture, etc, so that the improvement in urban life can be accomplished ultimately. Therefore, this study attempted to examine current conditions information necessary for establishing policies pursuant to the national land development plan and regional development, as well as respond to the needs of urban residents who need the improvement of settlement environment including various amenities for the convenience of life, by shifting away form the macroscopic and one-size-fits top-down approach of development so far and aiming a balanced development of national land in quest for welfare society and by utilizing the urban index as the basic prior task necessary for seeking the shift ind the direction of policies and setting the direction for policies on the basis of the top-down development approach which suits the anticipation and hope of local residents as the subject of development, considering the growing interest in the shift in the policies for regional development in this era of localization. Techniques for urban planning need to be applied, such as the prior planning and the following development, along with the support at the policy level for achieving the improvement in the related sector, in order to induce continuos urban deelopment based on the establishment of healthy and sound settlement environment, and furthermore, the efforts must be drven forward to improve the urban settlement environment while the urban planning and policies are established.
- 신도철, 한국인의 삶의 질 대 연구: 주관적 지표에 의한 분석, 정경문화, 1981.
- 남궁근, 우리나라 지방정부 지출수준의 결정요인분석:시.군.자치구의 기초자치단체를 중심으로, 한국행정학회, 1994.
- 대한국토도시계획학회, 도시계획론, 보성각, 2000.
- 임희섭, 삶의 질의 개념적 논의, 한국행정학회, 1996.
- 최준호, 광역자치단체와 기초자치단체의 삶의 질에 대한 비교 연구, 한국지방자치학회, 2001.
- 박준기, 계량적 인구추정모형의 정립과 검증에 관한 연구, 조선대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2004.
- 정준금, 김도희, 지방정부 '삶의 질 행정'의 실태와 과제:울산광역시를 중심으로, 지방정부연구, 2008.
- 전라남도통계연보, 2014.
- Gurr, T., Why Men Rebel?, NJ, Princeton University Press, 1971.
- Feierabend et al., Social Change and Political Violence:Cross National Patterns, New York, 1971.
- Cantrill, A. H. and C. W. Roll Jr., The Hopes and Fears of American People, in studies conducted by the Institute of International Social Research, 1972.
- Liu, B.C., Quality of Indicators in Us Metropolistan Areas:A Statistical Analysis, Nes York, 1976.