- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of a New On-line state Estimation Method in PEMFC using Parameter Estimation
계수추정법을 이용한 PEMFC에서의 실시간 상태 추정 방법 개발
- Received : 2015.12.29
- Accepted : 2016.02.28
- Published : 2016.02.29
The development need of new renewable energy is more and more important to resolve exhaustion of chemical fuels and environmental pollution. Polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell has been widely studied to the extent that it can be used commercially. But there are many problems to be solved. One of them is to enhance the stability of fuel cell stacks. This paper proposes a new fault diagnosis method using Least Square Method (LSM) which is one of parameter estimation methods. The proposed method extracts equivalent circuit parameters from on-line measurements. Parameters of the circuit are estimated according to normal and abnormal states using simulation. The variation of parameters estimated in each states enables the estimation of state in fuel cells. Thus the LSM presented can be a suitable on-line parameter estimation method in PEMFC.
PEMFC;fuel cell;state monitoring;least square method;on-line;parameter estimation
- H. C. Ju, C. Y. Wang, "Effects of Coolant Channels on Large-Scale Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells (PEMFCs)", International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2008, pp. 225-232. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-008-0029-2
- S. Um, C. Y. Wang, "Three-Dimensional Analysis of Transport and Electrochemical Reactions in Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 125, No. 1, 2004, pp. 40-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2003.07.007
- J. H. Kim, "Commercializing Technology Development of Bipolar Plates for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell", Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Engergy Society, Vol. 22, No. 3, 2011, pp. 409-414.
- W. M. Lee, and J. M. Song, "Optimal composition of polymer electrolyte fuel cell electrodes determined by the AC impedance method", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 94, 2001, pp. 78-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(00)00629-7
- H. Wang, "Diagnostic tools in PEM fuel cell research: Part I Electrochemical techniques", Science Direct, Vol. 33, 2008, pp. 1735-1745. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2008.01.013
- D.H. Shin, "A study on On-line Measurement of Water Content for Water Management of PEMFC", Koreatech, 2013.
- N. Fouquet, C. Doulet, and C. Nouillant, "Model based PEM fuel cell state-of-health monitoring via ac impedance measurements", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 159, 2006, pp. 905-913. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.11.035
- Y. W. No, "Modeling and parametric studies of PEM fuel cell performance", Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2008, pp. 209-216.
- L. David, J. S. Yi, and T. V. Nguyen, "Effect of direct liquid water injection and interdigitated flow field on the performance of proton exchange membrane fuel cells", Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 43, No. 24, 1998, pp. 3795-3809. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-4686(98)00139-X
- L. Ljung, "System identification:theory for the user", PH PTR, pp. 204-207.
- M. Petrinic, and Z. Jakopovic, "Modeling and simulation of PEM fuel cell-power converter system", International Convention MIPRO, Vol. 5, 2007, pp. 21-25.
- G. Michael, B. M. John, "Persistence of excitation in linear systems", Systems & Control, Vol. 7, 1986, pp. 351-360. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6911(86)90052-6
Grant : 지역연고산업육성
Supported by : 한국기술교육대학교산학협력단