- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Operating Conditions for a 10 kW SOFC System
10kW급 건물용 고체산화물연료전지(SOFC) 시스템 모델을 이용한 운전조건 최적화 연구
- Received : 2015.11.26
- Accepted : 2016.02.28
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this study, a solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) system model including balance of plant (BOP) for building electric power generation is developed to study the effect of operating conditions on the system efficiency and power output. SOFC system modeled in this study consists of three heat-exchangers, an external reformer, burner, and two blowers. A detailed computational cell model including internal reforming reaction is developed for a planer SOFC stack which is operated at intermediate temperature (IT). The BOP models including an external reformer, heat-exchangers, a burner, blowers, pipes are developed to predict the gas temperature, pressure drops and flow rate at every component in the system. The SOFC stack model and BOP models are integrate to estimate the effect of operating parameters on the performance of the system. In this study, the design of experiment (DOE) is used to compare the effects of fuel flow rate, air flow rate, air temperature, current density, and recycle ratio of anode off gas on the system efficiency and power output.
Solid oxide fuel cell(SOFC);Fuel cell system;Numerical model;Optimization;Design of experiment
- Fuel cell systems explained, J. Larminie, et al, John Wiley & Sons, LTD.
- W. Lehnert et al., "Journal of Power Sources", 87, 2000, 57-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(99)00356-0
- P. O. Graf et al., "Applied Catalysis A: General", 332, 2007, 310-317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2007.08.032
- J.B. Robinson et al., "Journal of Power Sources", 288, 2015, 473-481 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.04.104
- A. Arsalis et al., "International Journal of Hydrogen Energy", 36, 2011, 5010-5020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2011.01.121
- K.H. Lee, R.K. "Strand, Renewable Energy", 34, 2009, 2831-2846. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2009.04.010
- BP. Statistical Review of World Energy, BP plc, London, 2015, (accessed 28.07.15).
- H.R. Ellamla et al. "Journal of Power Sources", 293, 2015, 312-328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.05.050
- L. Lopes, S. Hokoi, H. Miura, K. Shuhei, "Energy Build.", 37, 2005, 698-706. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2004.09.019
- S. Ashina, T. Nakata, "Appl. Energy", 85, 2008, 101-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2007.06.011
- H. Ren, W. Gao, "Energy Build.", 42, 2010, 853-861. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2009.12.007
- R. Napoli et al. "Energy and Buildings", 103, 2015, 131-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.06.052
- P. Lisbona et al. "Electrochimica Acta", 53, 2007, 1920-1930. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2007.08.046
- R. Bove et al., "International Journal of Hydrogen Energy", 30, 2005, 181-187.
Grant : 10 kW급 건물용 SOFC(고체산화물 연료전지) 시스템 실증
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)