- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Developments of a Cross-Correlation Calculation Algorithm for Gas Temperature Distributions Based on TDLAS
레이저흡수분광법(TDLAS) 기반 가스온도분포 산정을 위한 상호상관계산 알고리듬 개발
CHOI, DOOWON;KIM, KWANGNAM;CHO, GYONGRAE;SHIM, JOONHWAN;KIM, DONGHYUK;DEGUCHI, YOSHIHIRO;DOH, DEOGHEE
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2016.02.28
- Published : 2016.02.29
Most of reconstruction algorithms for the calculation of temperature distributions in CT (computed tomography)-TDLAS (tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy) are based upon two-line thermometry method. This method gives unstable calculation convergence due to signal noise, bias error, and signal mis-matches. In this study, a new reconstruction algorithm based on cross-correlation for temperature calculation is proposed. The patterns of the optical signals at all wave lengths were used to reconstruct the temperature distribution. Numerical test has been made using phantom temperature distributions. Using these phantom temperature data, absorption spectra for all wave lengths were constructed, and these spectra were regarded as the signals that would be obtained in an actual experiments. Using these virtually generated experimental signals, temperature distribution was once again reconstructed, and was compared with those of the original phantom data. Calculation errors obtained by the newly proposed algorithm were slightly large at high temperatures with small errors at low temperature.
CT;TDLAS;Cross-Correlation;Numerical Test;Phantom Temperature
- Y. Deguchi, Industrial applications of Laser Diagnostics, CRS Press, Taylor & Francis, 2011.
- M. Yamakage, K. Muta, Y. Deguchi, S. Fukada, T. Iwase, T. Yoshida, "Development of direct and fast response exhaust gas measurement," SAE Paper 20081298, 2008.
- P. Wright, N. Terzijaa, J. L. Davidsona, S. Garcia-Castillo, C. Garcia-Stewart, S. Pegrumb, S. Colbourneb, P. Turnerb, S. D. Crossleyc, T. Litt, S. Murrayc, K. B. Ozanyana, and H. McCanna, "High-speed chemical species tomography in a multi-cylinder automotive engine," Journal of Chemical Engineering, 158(1), pp. 2-10, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2008.10.026
- F. Wang, K. F. Cen, N. Li, J. B. Jeffries, Q. X. Huang, J. H. Yan, and Y. Chi, "Two-dimensional tomography for gas concentration and temperature distributions based on tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy," Meas. Sci. Technol. 21, 045301 (10pp), 2010. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/21/4/045301
- L. Ma and W. Cai : Numerical investigation of hyperspectral tomography for simultaneous temperature and concentration imaging, APPLIED OPTICS, 47(21), pp. 3751-3759, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.47.003751
- D. W. Choi, M.G. Jeon, G.R. Cho, T. Kamimoto, Y. Deguchi and D.H. Doh, Performance Improvements in Temperature Reconstructions of 2-D Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy (TDLAS), Journal of Thermal Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 84-89, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11630-016-0837-z
- G.E. Elsinga, F. Scarano, B. Wieneke, and B. W. van Oudheusden. Tomographic particle image velocimetry, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 41, pp. 933-947, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-006-0212-z
- L.S. Rothman, I.E. Gordon, A. Barbe, D. ChrisBenner, P.F. Bernath, M. Birk, V. Boudon, L.R. Brown, A. Campargue, J.-P. Champion, K. Chance, L.H.Coudert, V. Dana, V.M. Devi, S. Fally, J.-M. Flaud, R.R.Gamache, A. Goldman, D. Jacquemart, I. Kleiner, N. Lacome, W.J. Lafferty, J.-Y. Mandin, S.T. Massie, S.N. Mikhailenko, C.E. Miller, N. Moazzen-Ahmadi, O.V. Naumenko, A.V. Nikitin, J. Orphal, V.I. Perevalov, A. Perrin, A. Predoi-Cross, C.P. Rinsland, M. Rotger, M. Simeckova, M.A.H. Smith, K. Sung, S.A. Tashkun, J. Tennyson, R.A. Toth, A.C. Vandaele, and J. VanderAuwera, "The HITRAN2008 molecular spectroscopic database," Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer, 110, pp. 533-572 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jqsrt.2009.02.013
- R. R. Gamache, S. Kennedy, R. Hawkins, L. S. Rothman, Jounal of Molecular Structure 517-518 pp. 407-425, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-2860(99)00266-5
- 2D Temperature Measurement of CT-TDLAS by Using Two-Ratios-of-Three-Peaks Algorithm vol.27, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7316/KHNES.2016.27.3.318
- Study on Optimal Coefficients of Line Broadening Function for Performance Enhancements of CT-TDLAS vol.27, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7316/KHNES.2016.27.6.773
Supported by : 한국연구재단