- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Biomimicry Methods for Rainwater Usage Planning in Buildings
바이오미미크리를 활용한 우수활용 건축계획 방안에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jaepil ;
- Lee, Jungwon ;
- Kang, Junekyung ;
- Kim, Daeun ;
- Yoo, Saewon
- 최재필 ;
- 이정원 ;
- 강준경 ;
- 김다은 ;
- Received : 2015.12.02
- Accepted : 2016.02.15
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this research is to propose architectural planning methods for rainwater usage by applying 'Biomimcry', the imitation of lessons learned from nature. Rainwater usage related case studies that show biomimetic properties were analyzed and methods that activated the architecture were examined. This research has been carried out through the following process. First, the outline of case study analysis was formed based on theoretical studies related to biomimcry and rainwater usage, and research on how water is being utilized in nature. The total of 27 rainwater usage case studies demonstrated the implementation of rainwater during the initial stage of architectural planning. The properties of biomimetic application were analyzed, and cases were classified by evaluating the relevance of biomimetic qualities. Moreover, each case was examined on how biomimetic properties are applied in order to suggest a direction on applying biomimicry methods for rainwater usage planning in buildings in the future. Suggested biomimicry methods can be divided into macro and micro levels based on the range of application and the scale of applied mechanisms learned from nature. The result of this study will help architects who are interested in getting ideas or guidance for planning buildings that use rainwater.
Rainwater Usage;Biomimicry;Nature Principles;Case Study;Planning Methodology
- Baumeister, D. (2014). Biomimicry Resource Handbook, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Choi, J., Lee, J., Ahn, E., Shon, D., & Piao, G. (2015). The Development of a Biometric Information Classification System for Biomimicry Architecture Research, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 31(6).
- Ten, E. (2013). Case Study Analysis of Biomimicry Application in Architectural Space Design: Focused on the Comparative Analysis of Buildings, Before and After Adoption of Digital Design Architecture, Master's degree thesis, Hanyang University.
- Her, K., & Kim, C. (2010). A Study on the Compositional Method of Architectural Applied of Biomimicry: Focus on the case study of Biomimicry, Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, 12(1).
- Hopkins, W. G., & Hüner, N. P. A. (2012). Plant Physiology (Hong, Y.N. trans.). 4th ed,. World Science.
- Kang, Y., & Kim, M. (2013). A Study on Biomimicry Character and Application Appeared in the Domestic Green Building, Journal of Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, 14(5).
- Kho, Y. (2015). New Garden Design Paradigm with rainwater management : suggestion of adopting rain garden in JeonBuk Innovation City, Mater's degree thesis, Chonbuk University.
- Kibert, C.J. (2012). Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, John Wiley & Sons.
- Kinkade-Levario, H. (2007). Design for Water, Rainwater Harvesting, Stormwater Catchment, and Alternate Water Reuse, Consortium Book Sales & Dist.
- Korea Institute of Design Promotion. (2010). Design Report.
- Lim, M. (2011). Sustainable Architecture, Kimundang.
- Manning, J. C. (1997). Applied Principles of Hydrology. 3rd ed,. Prentice Hall.
- Mazzoleni, L. (2013). Architecture Follows Nature, CRC Press.
- Noy-Meir, I. (1973). Desert ecosystems: environment and producers. Annual review of ecology and systematics, 25-51.
- Pawlyn, M. (2011). Biomimicry in Architecture, RIBA Publishing.
- Zari, M. P., & Storey, J. B. (2007). An Ecosystem Based Biomimetic Theory for a Regenerative Built Environment, Proceedings of Lisbon Sustainable Building Conference 2007, 7.
- Casablanca Sustainable Market Square by TomDavid Architecten. (2012 November 26). Inhabitat. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.inhabitat.com
- Center for Urban Waters / Perkins + Will. (2011 February 23). Archdaily. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.archdaily.com
- Ford Calumet Environmental Center. (n.d). Architizer. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://architizer.com
- Gardens by the Bay. (n.d). Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.gardensbythebay.com
- Harmonia 57 / Triptyque. (2008 September 26). Archdaily. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.archdaily.com
- Jimbocho Theater / Nikken Sekkei. (n.d). Arch2o. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.arch2o.com/
- NBF Osaki Building. (n.d). Nikken.jp. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.nikken.jp
- New Taipei City Museum of Art Proposal / OODA. (2011 August 28). Archdaily. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.archdaily.com
- Parque Científico y Tecnologico Agroalimentario en Gardeny, Lleida. (n.d). Pich Architects. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.picharchitects.com
- Populous Completes Arena das Dunas for FIFA World Cup 2014. Dezeen. Retrived December 20, 2015 from http://www.dezeen.com
- Projection Our Reflection. (n.d). Behance. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.behance.net
- Rain Collector Skyscraper. (2010 March 8). eVolo. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.evolo.us
- Rainforest Guardian Skyscraper. (2014 March 20). eVolvo. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.evolo.us
- Rainwater-Harvesting Vertical Garden Flourishes on the Facade of Barcelona's Raval Theatre. (2014 July 23). Inhabitat. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://inhabitat.com/
- Re-cell / Stanislaw Mlynski. (2011 June 8). Archdaily. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.archdaily.com
- Remake it Rain: Rainwater Reclamation Designs. (n.d). Web Ecoist. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://webecoist.momtastic.com
- Tahoe City Transit Center by WRNS Studio. (2013 August 19). Inhabitat. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://inhabitat.com/
- The SHolm house integrates nature with its design. (2011 June 9). Livegreen. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.livegreenblog.com
- Tucson Mountain Retreat by DUST. (2013 May 3). Dezeen. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.dezeen.com
- Waste-to-Energy Plant by Big. (2011 January 27). Dezeen. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.dezeen.com
- Water Treatment Facility by Skylab Architecture Features a Roof of Grass-covered Fins. Dezeen. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://www.dezeen.com
- Zaid Bin Talib Unveils Plans for Solar-Powered Rainwater-Harvesting Embassy of Iraq in Oslo. (2013 June 28). Inhabitat. Retrieved December 20, 2015 from http://inhabitat.com/
Supported by : 국토교통부