- Volume 22 Issue 1
In this paper, an analysis of the inflowing pollution load of the rivers in Hampyeong bay showed the average organic matter pollution loads of BOD, COD, and TOC to be 79.7 kg-BOD/day, 144.06 kg-COD/day, and 93.0 kg-TOC/day, respectively. The inflowing organic matter pollution load was the heaviest in Sonbul dike, followed by Jupo bridge and Yangman complex. With regard to season, the load characteristics were outstanding in July, the rainy period in the summer. The average inflowing pollution loads of nutrients were 20.9 kg-DIN/day, 17.1 kg-DIP/day, 148 kg-TN/day, and 37.4 kg-TP/day A comparison of the inflowing nutrients loads for each river showed the load to be the heaviest in Yangman complex, followed by Baegok bridge and Jupo bridge. In the experiment on the material budgets of Hampyeong bridge conducted using a box model, the detention time of fresh water was found to be 52.4 days, with the bay displaying the characteristics of a so dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN) in the nutrients material budgets,
Hampyeong bay;Organic matter;Pollution load;Nutrient material budget;Box model;Detention time
- Boynton, W. R., J. H. Garber, R. Summers and W. M. Kemp (1995), Inputs, transformations, and transport of nitrogen and phosphorus in Chesapeake Bay and selected tributaries, Estuaries, Vol. 18, pp. 285-314. https://doi.org/10.2307/1352640
- Chu, Y. S., H. J. Lee, E. S. Park, Y. G. Lee and K. S. Jeong(2000), Summer-time behaviour and flux of suspendid sediments at the entrance to semi-closed Hampyung bay, southwestern coast of Korea, The Sea Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 105-118.
- Eom, K. H., W. C. Lee, S. E. Park, S. J. Hong, H. C. Kim and Y. S. Cho(2011), Dissolved nutrinet balance and net ecosystem metabolism using a simple box model in Gamak bay, Korea, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 257-263. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2011.14.4.257
- Hong, S. J.(1998), Budgets of freshwater, Nitrogen and phosphorus in the Nakdong estuary, Master's thesis, Pukuyng National University.
- Hong, S. J., W. C. Lee, S. P. Yoon, S. E. Park, Y. S. Cho, J. N. Kwon and D. M. Kim(2007), Reduction of autochthonous organics in Masan bay using a simple box model, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 111-118.
- Hwang, D. W. and B. S. Koh(2012), Sedimentary and benthic Environment characteristics in Macroalgal habitats of the intertidal zone in Hampyeong bay, Kor J Fish Aquat Sci., Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 694-703.
- Kang, M. R., D. I. Lim, P. G. Jang, G. B. Kim and Y. S. Kang(2009), Tidal variation of nutrient concentraion in Hampyeong bay, west coast of Korea, Jounal of the Korean Society for Marne Environmental Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 202-208.
- Kim, J. G., D. M. Kim and J. S. Yang(2000), Estimation of material budget for Keum river estuary using a box model, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 76-90.
- Lee, K. S. and S. K. Jun(2009), Material budgets in the Youngsan river estuary with simple box model, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 248-254.
- Matsukawa, Y. and T. Suzki(1985), Box model analysis of hydrography and behaviour of nitrogen and phosphorus in a eutrophic estuary, J. Oceanol. Soc. Jpn., Vol. 41, pp. 407-426. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02109035
- ME(2009), Ministry of Environment, Standard Method for Examination of Water and Wastewater, Retrieved from http://www.law.go.kr/DRF/lawService.do?OC=jaa806&target=admrul&ID=2100000035547&type=HTML&mobileYn=.
- NIFS(2009-2010), National Institute of Fisheries Science, The monitoring data of national marine environment, Retrieved from http://kodc.nifs.go.kr/page?id=obs_04_01.
- Ryu, S. O., H. S. You and J. D. Lee(1999), Seasonal variation of surface sediments and accumulation rate on the intertidal flats in Hampyong bay, southwestern coast of Korea, The Sea Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 127-135.
- Ryu, S. O.(2003), Seasonal variation patterns of tidal flat sediments in semi-enclosed Hampyong and Kwangyang bays, west and south coast of Korea, Jour. Korean Earth Science Society, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 578-591.
- Savchuk, O. P. and D. P. Swaney(1999), Water and Nutrient Budgets of the Gulf of Riga, Retrieved from http://nest.su.se/mnode/Europe/Gulf%20of%20Riga/rigabud.htm.
- Shen, H. T., Q. H. Huang and X. C. Liu(2000), Fluxes of the dissolved inorganic nitrogen and phosphorus through the key interfaces in the Changjiang estuary, Retrieved from http://nest.su.se/mnode/Asia/SEASIA.HTM.
- Ukita, M., H. Nakanishi and M. Sekine(1988), Study on transport and material balance of nutrients in yamaguchi estuary, Wat. Sci. Tech., Vol. 20, pp. 199-210.
- Yanagi, T.(1997), Water, Salt, DIP and DIN Budgets in Tokyo, Ise and Osaka Bays, The Oceanographic Society of Japan, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 25-33.
Grant : 해양환경변화대응기술
Supported by : (주)신대양