- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Wave Response Analysis for Pontoon-type Pier: Very Large Floating Structure
폰툰형 초대형 부유체식 부두의 파랑응답해석
Lee, Sang-Do;Park, Sung-Hyeon;Kong, Gil-Young
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.25
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this study, we proposed a pier of pontoon-type, "Very Large Floating Structure" (VLFS), with the length of 500m, breadth of 200 m and height of 2 m in Yeosu domestic port. Since this structure ought to endure wave loads for long periods at sea, it is essential to analyze the wave response characteristics. Direct-method is used to analyze the fluid-structure problem and the coupled motion of equation is used to obtain response results. The structural part is calculated by using finite element method (FEM) and the fluid part is analyzed by using boundary element method (BEM). Dynamic responses caused by the elastic deformation and rigid motion of structure are analyzed by numerical calculation. To investigate response characteristics of the pier in regular waves, several factors such as the wavelength, water depth, wave direction and flexural rigidity of structure are considered. As a result, wave response of pier changed at the point of
Pontoon-type VLFS;Wave response characteristics;Vertical displacement amplitude;Elastic deformation;Incident wave
- Hamamoto, T. and K. Fujita(2002), Wet-Mode Superposition for Evaluating the Hydroelastic Response of Floating Structures with Arbitrary Shape, Proceedings of the 12th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Kitakyushu, Japan, pp. 121-128.
- Hong, S. Y., J. W. Kim, R. C. Ertekin and Y. S. Shin(2003), An Eigenfunction Expansion Method for Hydroelastic Analysis of a Floating Runway, Proceedings of the 13th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 121-128.
- Kim, B. W., S. Y. Hong, J. H. Kyoung and S. K. Cho(2006), Investigation on Wave Reduction Performance of Floating Hinge-Linked Breakwater, Journal of Ocean Science and Technology, Vol. 3. No. 1, pp. 13-22.
- Kim, J. W. and R. C. Ertekin(1998), An Eigenfunction Expansion Method for Predicting Hydroelastic Behavior of a Shallow-draft VLFS, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Hydroelasticity in Marine Technology, Fukuoka, Japan, pp. 47-59.
- Kyoung, J. H., B. W. Kim, S. K. Cho and S. Y. Hong(2005), Numerical Study on the Hydroelatic Response of the Very Large Floating Structure Considering Sea-Bottom Topography, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 42. No. 4, pp. 357-367. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2005.42.4.357
- Lee, S. D.(2011), A Study on the Wave Response for Eco-friendly Marine Wharf of the Very Large Floating Structure, Master Thesis, Mokpo National Maritime University.
- Park, S. H. and S. C. Park(2000), A Study on the Reduction Analysis of the Response of the Mega-Float Offshore Structure in Regular Wave, Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 85-95.
- Park, S. H., S. C. Park and J. Y. Koo(2003), A Study on the Container Yard of Mega-Float Offshore Structure Type, Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 49-54. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2003.27.1.049
- Park, S. H., S. C. Park, M. C. Choi and J. Y. Koo(2004), Study on the Optimization of Response in Regular Wave of the Mega-float Offshore Structure, Proceedings of the Spring Meeting, The Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, pp. 99-105.
- Petyt, M.(2010), Introduction to Finite Element Vibration Analysis, Second Edition, Cambridge University Express, pp. 119-247.
- Shin, H. K., H. Y. Lee, H. S. Shin and I. K Park(2000), Analysis Methods of Hydroelastic Responses for a Very Large Floating Structure, The Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 19-27.
- Takagi, K., K. Shimada and T. Ikebuchi(2000), An Anti-motion Device for a Very Large Floating Structure, Marine Structure, Vol. 13, pp. 421-436. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8339(00)00018-6
- Wang, C. M., E. Watanabe and T. Utsunomiya(2008), Very Large Floating Structure, Taylor & Francis, pp. 35-65.
- Watanabe, E., T. Utsunomiya and C. M. Wang(2004), Hydroelastic Analysis of Pontoon-type VLFS: a Literature Survey, Engineering Structure, Vol. 26, pp. 245-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2003.10.001
- We, C., E. Watanabe and T. Utsunomiya(1995), An Eigenfucntion -matching Method for Analyzing the Wave-induced Responses of an Elastic Floating Plate, Applied Ocean Research, Vol. 17, pp. 301-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(95)00023-2
- Yago, K., S. Ohmatsu and H. Endo(1996), On the Hydroelastic Response of Box-Shaped Floating Structure with Shallow Draft : Tank Test with Large Scale Model, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, No. 180, pp. 341-352.
- Yasuzawa, Y., D. Kawano, K. Kagawa and K. Kitabayashi (1997), Numerical Response Analysis of a Large Mat-type Floating Structure in Regular Waves, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, No. 181, pp. 111-122.