- Volume 29 Issue 3
This research was analyzed thermal characteristics that was appointed disadvantage when smart LED driver ICs was packaged and we applied extracted thermal characteristics for optimal layout design. We confirmed reliability of smart LED driver ICs package without additional heat sink. If the package is not heat sink, we are possible to minimize package. For extracting thermal loss due to overshoot current, we increased driver current by two and three times. As a result of experiment, we obtained 22 mW and 49.5 mW thermal loss. And we obtained optimal data of 350 mA driver current. It is important to distance between power MOSFET and driver ICs. If thhe distance was increased, the temperature of package was decreased. And so we obtained optimal data of 3.7 mm distance between power MOSFET and driver ICs. Finally, we fabricated real package and we analyzed the electrical characteristics. We obtained constant 35 V output voltage and 80% efficiency.
Smart LED package;Thermal characteristics;Distance of cevices;Power cevices;Heat SinK
- T. S. Ma and W. B. Grabowski, Solid-State Electronics, 35, 201 (1992). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0038-1101(92)90061-G] https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-1101(92)90061-G
- Y. S. Hang, E. S. Jung, and E. Y. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 276 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.276] https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.276
- J. H. Lee, E. S. Jung, E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 270 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.270] https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.270
- C. Hu, M. Chi, and V. M. Patel, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, ED-31, 1693 (1984).
- G. P. Sim, B. S. Ann, Y. H. Kang, Y. S. Hong, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 190 (2013). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2013.26.3.190]