- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Vacuum Sealing Technology of the Flat Panel Display by using the Frit Glass Heatable in Vacuum
진공에서 소성 가능한 프릿을 이용한 평판디스플레이 진공실장기술
- Received : 2016.02.22
- Accepted : 2016.02.23
- Published : 2016.03.01
One of the important issues for fabricating the microelectronic display devices such as FED, PDP, and VFD is to obtain a high vacuum level inside the panel. In addition, sustaining the initial high vacuum level permanently is also very important. In the conventional packing technology using a tabulation method, it is not possible to obtain a satisfiable vacuum level for a proper operation. In case of FED, the poor vacuum level results in the increase of operating voltage for electron emission from field emitter tips and an arcing problem, resultantly shortening a life time. Furthermore, the reduction of a sealing process time in the PDP production is very important in respect of commercial product. The most probable method for obtaining the initial high vacuum level inside the space with such a miniature and complex geometry is a vacuum in-line sealing which seals two glass plates within a high vacuum chamber. The critical solution for the vacuum sealing is to develop a frit glass to avoid the bubbling or crack problems during the sealing process at high temperature of about
- J. A. Castellano, Solid State Tech. 41, 67 (1998).
- B. R. Chalamala, Y. Wei, and B. E. Gnade, IEEE Spectrum, 35, 42 (1998). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/6.666960]
- Roth A., Vacuum technology, Ch., 7, 329 (1978).
- T. Yano, K. Uchida, G. Uchida, T. Shinoda and H. kajiyama, J. of the vacuum society of japan, 55, 125 (2012). https://doi.org/10.3131/jvsj2.55.125
- D. J. Lee, S. I. Moon, Y. H. Lee, J. E. Yoo, J. H. Park, J. Jang, and B. K. Ju, Vacuum, 74, 105 (2004). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2003.12.137] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2003.12.137
- C. Boffito and E. Sartorio, Vacum Technik, 35, 212 (1986).
- C. W. Oh, C. G. Lee, B. G. Park, J. D. Lee, and J. H. Lee, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B., 16, 807 (1998). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1116/1.589910] https://doi.org/10.1116/1.589910
Supported by : 산업통상자원부