- Volume 36 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
초등학교 과학 교과서에 제시된 캐릭터 삽화의 역할 분석: 2009개정 과학과 4학년 교과서를 대상으로
Analysis of the Characters' Role Presenting Elementary School Science Textbook: Targeting the 2009 Revised Science 4th-Grade Textbook
- 투고 : 2016.01.25
- 심사 : 2016.02.26
- 발행 : 2016.02.29
본 연구에서는 2009개정 과학 교과서에 새롭게 추가된 캐릭터의 역할 범주화, 역할 및 발문 분석을 통해 과학 교과서에 사용된 캐릭터의 기초 정보를 제공하고 추후 교과서 제작에 참고할 수 있는 시사점을 알아보고자 하였다. 연구대상은 2009개정 초등학교 과학과 교육과정에 따라 개발된 과학 교과서 중 4학년 교과서이다. 분석방법은 분석 대상 선정 및 분석틀 개발, 캐릭터 역할 분석, 발문 분석이다. 연구 결과, 캐릭터의 역할 유형은 자료제공, 동기유발, 탐구 활동 안내, 탐구결과 순으로 활용되고 있는 것으로 나타났다. 과학 교과서 속 캐릭터를 영역별로 분석한 결과 생명 영역이 자유탐구, 에너지, 물질, 지구 영역보다 많이 활용되는 것으로 나타났다. 발문 유형 분석 결과는 확산적, 예상적, 적용적, 재인적 발문 순으로 나타났고 회상적, 평가적 발문은 없었다. 본 연구 결과는 그림과 텍스트의 결합 형태로 제시되는 캐릭터의 역할을 범주화하고 그 역할을 규명하여 실제 교과서 속에 활용된 캐릭터를 분석하였다는 점에서 의의가 있으며, 이는 앞으로 초등 과학 교과서를 구성하는 과정에서 보다 체계적이고 유기적인 캐릭터 활용에 시사점을 줄 것이라 판단된다.
캐릭터 역할;과학과 교과서;초등학교
- Abruscato, J. (1988). Teaching children science. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Ainsworth, S. (1999). The functions of multiple representations. Computers & Education, 33(2), 131-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-1315(99)00029-9
- Ametller, J. & Pinto, R. (2002). Students' reading of innovative images of energy at secondary school level. International Journal of Science Education, 24(3), 285-312. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690110078914
- Armbruster, B. B. (1993). Reading to learn. The Reading Teacher, 46(4), 346-357.
- Ball, D. L. & Feiman-Nemser, S. (1998). Using textbooks and teacher's guides: A dilemma for beginning teacher and teacher educators. Curriculum Inquiry, 18, 401-423.
- Bang, H. K. & Park, J. K. (2012). Analysis of Inscriptions Used in Life Science Domain of Elementary Science Textbooks. Biology Education, 40(3), 279-289. https://doi.org/10.15717/bioedu.2012.40.3.279
- Blosser, P. E. (1987). Handbook of effective questioning techniques (Song, Y., Trans). Seoul: Baeyoungsa. (Original work published 1973).
- BSCS Scinece T.R.A.C.S. (2002). Investigating Human Systems 5. Colorado: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company.
- Cha, J. H., Kim, S. Y. & Noh, T. H. (2004). An Analysis of Illustrations from Secondary Science Textbooks Developed under the 7th National Curriculum in Aspect of Gender-Role Stereotyping. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education, 24(6), 1181-1188.
- Chang, D. H. (2010). Method of instruction and the class for character in elementary art. The Journal of Korean Elementary Art Education Association, 27, 159-183.
- Cho, H. H. & Choi, K. H. (2005). The theory and practice of science education. Seoul: Kyoyookbook.
- Choi, B. S. (1993). The structure and system of the new science textbook. The Korean Association for Science Education Winter Seminar book. 24-33.
- Choi, M. S. & Kim, Y. G. (2012). The Comparative Analysis of Questions in the Matter Units of Elementary Science Textbooks between the 7th Curriculum and the Revised Curriculum Year 2007. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 31(3), 347-357.
- Choi, Y. M. & Lee, H. C. (2012). The Analysis on Patterns of Questions in Elementary School Science Textbooks under the 2007 Revised Curriculum. Journal of Science Education, 36(1), 120-129. https://doi.org/10.21796/jse.2012.36.1.120
- Choi, Y. R. & Lee, H. C. (1998), The illustration analysis of the elementary science textbooks. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 17(2), 45-53.
- Chung, J. I., Han, J. Y., Kim, Y. J., Paik, S. H. & Song, Y. W. (2007). Classification and analysis of accompanying inscriptions used in elementary science textbooks. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 26(5), 525-534.
- Colbert, J. T., Olson, J. K. & Clough, M. P. (2007). Using the web to encourage student-generated questions in large-format introductory biology classes. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 6(1), 42-48. https://doi.org/10.1187/cbe.06-07-0171
- Han, J. & Roth, W. M. (2006). Chemical inscriptions in Korean textbooks: Semiotics of macro- and microworld. Science Education, 90(2), 173-201. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.20091
- Harms, N. C. & Yager, R. E. (1981). What research says to the science teacher Vol 3. Washington, DC: NSTA.
- Hoang, Y. J. & Geong, M. Y. (2009). The Needs of Character Education According to A New Visual Culture Environment. Journal of Art Education, 25, 187-212.
- Jang. K. B. & Shin, D. H. (2013). An Analysis of Eye Movement and Understanding of Elementary School students According to the Types of Science Textbook Illustration. The Journal of Korea Elementary Education, 24(4), 147-166. https://doi.org/10.20972/kjee.24.4.201312.147
- Jeong, W. H. (1993). Directions for organization of new science textbooks. The Korean Association for Science Education Winter Seminar book. 52-72.
- Jung, J. S. (2007). A critical review on the policy of textbook in Korea. Youth Culture publishes Forum, 16, 202-231.
- Kang, H. S., Yoon, J. H. & Lee, D. H. (2008). Analysis on the Uses of the External Representations in the 3-6th Grade Science Textbooks Developed Under the 7th National Curriculum. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 27(2), 158-169.
- Kim, D. H. (2007). A Study on the Adequacy of the 'Inquiry Activities' in Highschool 'Law and Society' Textbook. Journal of Research in Curriculum Instruction, 11(1), 341-364. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2007.11.1.341
- Kim, H. G., Shin, M. K., Lee, G. H. & Kwon. G. P. (2014). The Types, Roles and Socio-semiotic Features of Visual Materials in Elementary Science Textbooks. Journal of Science Education, 38(3), 641-656. https://doi.org/10.21796/jse.2014.38.3.641
- Latour, B. (1987) Science in action: How to follow scientists and engineers through society. Open University Press, Milton Keynes, UK, 271.
- Lee, C. H. & Kwon. C. S. (2013). Comparison of Illustrations of Elementary Science Textbooks in Korea and Singapore. Journal of the Korean Society of Earth Science Education, 6(1), 13-19.
- Lee, J. A. (2011). The Linguistic Analysis of Visual Images in Elementary Science Textbooks by 2007 Curriculum Revision: Focused on the Changes of the Weather. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 30(4), 482-489.
- Lee, Y. D., Park, M. T., Kwak, B. S., Kwon, C. S., Kim, H. W., Lee, H. Y., Kim, H. M. & Nam. M. Y. (1982). Research on improvement of textbook organization. Korean Educational Development Institute Research paper, 13-30, 99-129, 157-161.
- Lee, Y. H. (2012). A Review of Elementary Science Textbook Analysis Research Conducted over the Past Three Decades in the United States and Analysis of the Nature of Science in the Introductory Chapter of U.S. Elementary Science Textbooks. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 31(3), 398-412.
- Lim, C. S., Yoon, H. G., Jang, M. D., Lim, H. J., Shin, D. H., Kim, M. J., Park, H, W., Lee, I. S., Kwon, C. S., Lee, D. H. & Kim, N. I, (2007). Developing an Innovative Framework of Grade 3-4 Science Textbooks. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 26(5), 580-595.
- Lloyd, C. V. (1990). The elaboration of concepts in three biology textbooks: Facilitating student learning. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 27, 1019-1032. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660271009
- Noh, M. W., Jung, H. S. & Yoon, J. C. (2004). A Study on the concept of textbook and it's internal system for effective teaching-learning in schools. Seoul: Korea Textbook Research Foundation.
- Noh, T. H., Cha, J. H. & Wang, H. N. (2004). An Analysis for Gender-Role Stereotyping of Illustrations in Elementary Science Textbooks Based on the 7th Curriculum. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 23(1), 85-91.
- Park, J. H. & Kwon, H. S. (2007). Analysis of questions in the 'Matter' units of elementary science textbooks under the 7th curriculum. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 26(5), 551-557.
- Pozzer-Ardenghi, L. & Roth, W. M. (2005). Making sense of photographs. Science Education, 89(2), 219-241. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.20045
- Sahin, A. E. (2007). Teacher's classroom questions. School Science and Mathematics, 107(1), 369-370. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.2007.tb17759.x
- Shin, D. H. & Choi, H. D. (2013). Differences in Eye Movement between Elementary School Teachers and Students during Understanding Textbook Illustrations. Biology Education, 41(2), 198-210. https://doi.org/10.15717/bioedu.2013.41.2.198
- Shin, M. K. & Song, T. H. (2013). Comparisons of Students's Associations with and Learning Objectives Statements on Illustrations of Science Textbooks Before and After the Lessons -Focusing on the Earth and Space Units of the 5th Grade in 2007 Science Curriculum-. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 32(4), 545-556.
- Tyson, H. (1997). Overcoming structural barriers to good textbooks. Washington, DC: National Education Goals Panel.
- Valverde, G. A., Bianchi, L. J., Wolfe, R. G., Schmidt, W. H. & Houang, R. T. (2002). According to the book: Using TIMSS to investigation the translation of policy into practice through the world of textbooks. Dordrecht: Kluwer.
- Wang, H. A. (1998). Science textbook studies reanalysis: Teachers "Friendly" content analysis methods. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching (71st, San Diego, CA, April 19-22, 1998).
- Weiss, I. R., Pasley, J. D., Smith, P. S., Banilower, E. R. & Heck, D. J. (2003). Looking inside the classroom: A study of K-12 mathematics and science education in the United States. Chapel Hill, NC: Horizon Research, Inc.
- Woo, J. O., Chung, W. H., Kwon, J. S., Choi, B. S., Chung, J. W. & Hur, M. (1992). The analysis of development system and evaluation of elementary science textbooks. Journal of Korean Association for Science Education, 12(2), 109-128.
- Woodward, A. & Elliott, D. L. (1990). Textbooks: Consensus and controversy. In textbooks and schooling in the United States: Eight-ninth Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education, Part 1. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Yeo, S., Park, C. & Lim, H. (2007). A comparison study on illustrations of elementary science textbooks in Korea and U.S.A. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, 26(4), 459-467.