- Volume 16 Issue 1
Purpose: The energy consumption in buildings has continuously increased in some countries and it reaches almost 25% of the total energy use in korea. Therefore there are various efforts to minimize energy consumption in buildings, and the regulations on building envelope insulation have been tightened up gradually. To satisfy the building regulation, the use of vacuum insulation panels(VIPs) is increasing. VIP is a high performance insulation materials, so that it can be thinner than conventional insulation material. When VIP is applied in a building, it may cause thermal bridge, which occurs due to very low thermal conductivity compared to other building materials and the envelope of VIPs. Method: This study designed the capsulized VIPs using conventional insulation for reduction of the thermal bridge. Then designed VIPs were applied to a wall. The linear thermal transmittance and the effective thermal conductivity were analyzed by HEAT2 simulation program for two dimensional steady-state heat transfer. The result compared with a wall with non-capsulized VIPs. Result: It analyzed that the wall with capsulized VIPs had lower linear thermal transmittance and reduced the difference of the effective thermal transmittance with one dimensional thermal transmittance compared to that of the wall with non-capsulized VIPs.
- Korean Ministry of Land, (2014), Infrastructure and Transport, Activation Plan of Zero Energy Building Response to Climate Change.
- Alam, M., Singh, H. and Limbachiya, M.C., (2011), Vacuum Insulation Panels (VIPs) for building construction industry - A review of the contemporary development and future direction, Applied Energy, Vol. 88, No. 11, pp. 3592-3602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.04.040
- 박시현, 임재한, 송승영, "공동주택 습식 진공 외단열시스템 성능 평가", 한국생태환경건축학회 논문집, 제 13권 제 6호, 2013 // Park. S. H., LIm. J. H. and Song. S. Y., (2013), Performance evaluation of adhesively fixed external insulation and finish system using Vacuum Insulation Panels for apartment building, Journal of the Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 45-53.
- Simmler, H. and Brunner, S., (2005), Vacuum Insulation Panels for Building Application Basic Properties, Aging Mechanisms and Service Life, Energy and Building, Vol. 37, No. 11, pp. 1122-1131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2005.06.015
- Ghazi, K., Bundi, R. and Binder, B., Effective thermal conductivity of vacuum insulation panels, Building Research & Information, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 293-299, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/0961321042000189644
- 박세현, 김진희, 김준태, "진공단열패널 외피를 위한 설치방법에 따른 열교부위의 선형열관류율 분석, 한국감성과학회, 2012 // Park. S. H., Kim. J. H. and Kim. J. T., (2012), Linear thermal transmittance of thermal bridge at building envelopes with VIPs, Korean Society for Emotion and Sensibility.
- 송승영, 박시현, 구보경, 임재한, 류성룡, "패시브 및 제로에너지 공동 주택을 위한 진공단열재 적용 건식 외단열시스템 성능평가", 대한건축학회 논문집, 제 29권 제 09호, 2013 // Song. S. Y., Park. S., Koo. B. K., Lim. J. H., Ryu. S. R., (2013), Performanco evaluation of EIFS Using Vacuum insulation panels for passive and zero-energy apartment building, Architectural institute of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 9, pp. 219-229.
- http://www.vacutherm.co.uk/s/cc_images/teaserbox_2452000957.jpg?t=1438351379 and http://oisd.brookes.ac.uk/ivisnet/images/VacuporR-RPsml.jpg.
- Simmler, H., Brunner, S., Heinemann, U. and Schwab, H., (2005), High Performanco Thermal Insulation IEA/ECBCS Annex 39(Subtask A-B), ECBCS Annual report.
- EN ISO 10211-1, (2007), Thermal bridges in building construction, Calculation of heat flows and surface temperatures.
- Blomberg. T., (2000), HEAT2 5 - A PC-program for heat transfer in two dimensions. Manual with brief theory and example, Buildingphysics.
- BS EN ISO 6949, (1997) Building Components and Building Elements - Thermal Resistance and Thermal Transmittance - Calculation Method.
- DIN V 4108-4, (1988), Thermal Insulation and Energy Conservati on in Buildings - Part 4: Characteristic Value relating to Thermal Insulation and Protection Against Moisture.
- Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, (2014), design standard of energy conservation in buildings.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)