- Volume 16 Issue 1
Purpose: Heat transfers phenomena are described by the second order partial differential equation and its boundary conditions. In a three-dimensional structure of a building, the heat transfer phenomena generally include more than one material, and thus, become complicate. The analytic solutions are useful to understand heat transfer phenomena, but they can hardly be applied in engineering or design problems. Engineers and designers have generally been forced to use numerical methods providing reliable results. Finite volume methods with the unstructured grid system is only the suitable means of the analysis for the complex and arbitrary domains. Method: To obtain an numerical solution, a discretization method, which approximates the differential equations, and the interpolation methods for temperature and heat flux between two or more materials are required. The discretization methods are applied to small domains in space and time, and these numerical solutions form the descretized equations provide approximated solutions in both space and time. The accuracy of numerical solutions is dependent on the quality of discretizations and size of cells used. The higher accuracy, the higher numerical resources are required. The balance between the accuracy and difficulty of the numerical methods is critical for the success of the numerical analysis. A simple and easy interpolation methods among multiple materials are developed. The linear equations are solved with the BiCGSTAB being a effective matrix solver. Result: This study provides an overview of discretization methods, boundary interface, and matrix solver for the 3-dimensional numerical heat transfer including two materials.
- THOMPSON, Joe F., WARSI, Zahir UA, MASTIN, C. Wayne, Numerical grid generation foundations and applications, Amsterdam North-holland, 1985.
- 명현국, "비정렬 셀 중심 방법에서 대류플럭스의 수치근사방법 평가", 한국전산유체공학회지, 제 11권, 제 1호, 2006 // (Myong, H.K., Evaluation of Numerical Approximations of Convection Flux in Unstructured Cell-centered Method, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2006)
- 명현국, "비정렬 셀 중심 방법에서 확산플럭스의 새로운 수치근사방법", 한국전산유체공학회지, 제 11권, 제 1호, 2006 // (Myong, H.K., A New Numerical Approximatiojn of Diffusion Flux in Unstructured Cell-centerd Method, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2006)
- 명현국, 전산열유체공학, 문운당, 2009 // (Myong, H.K., Numerical heat and fluid flow engineering, Munundang, 2009)
- 이주희, 장진우, 이용준, 최준혁, 이상환, "3차원 비정렬격자를 이용한 전열해석 방법론", 대한건축친환경설비학회 논문집, 제 8권, 제 6호, 2014 // (Lee, Juhee, Jang, Jinwoo, Lee, Yongjun, Choi, Junhyuck, Lee, Sanghwan, Methodology for numerical heat transfer considering 3-dimensional unstructured grid, Journal of KIAEBS, Vol. 8, No. 6, 2014)
- Hadzic, Hidajet, Development and Application of a Finite Volume Method for the Computation of Flows Around Moving Bodies on Unstructured, Overlapping Grids, Ph.D thesis, Hamburg University of Technology, 2005.
- Golub, Gene H., Loan, Charles F. Van., Matrix computations (4th ed), Baltimore, The John Hopkins University Press, 2013.
- Sickel, S., Yeung, M. C., Held, M. J., A comparison of some iterative methods in scientific computing, Summer Research Apprentice Program, 2005.
- Saad, Yousef, Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems 2nd Ed., Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2003.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국토교통부