- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Design of a Topic Map-based Retrieval System for the Academic Administration Records of Universities
대학 학사행정 기록물의 토픽맵 기반 검색시스템 설계에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.02.23
- Published : 2016.02.29
A topic map was designed as an efficient information retrieval method that is optimized for classification, organization, and navigation through the use of a semantic link network above information resources. With this, this study aims to design a topic map-based university archives retrieval system to provide the relevant information retrieval. For this study, electronic records that relate to the academic administration within two years of D university were collected, and topic map editing was carried out with Ontopia Omnigator. Topics were classified according to their functional analysis of academic administration. In the end, the number of topics was finalized as 626, with 6 types in general: academic work, staff, college register, student, university, etc. Association was separated into six types as well, which were formed with consideration to the relationships among topics. In addition, there are seven occurrence types: register class, register number, register date, receiver, title, creator, and identifier. It is expected that the associative nature of the designed topic map-based retrieval system in this study will make navigation of large records easy and allow incidental discovery of knowledge.
University Archives;Topic Map;Ontology;Retrieval System;Semantic Retrieval
- 국가기록원 (2012). 대학기록물 보존기간 책정기준 가이드라인. 경기: 국가기록원. National Archives of Korea (2012). Records Retention Guidelines for the University. Kyunggi: National Archives of Korea.
- 국가기록원 (2015). 2015년 대학 기록관리 지침. 경기: 국가기록원. National Archives of Korea (2015). 2015 Guidelines for Records Management of University. Kyunggi: National Archives of Korea.
- 국가기술표준원 (2014). KS X ISO/IEC 13250: 정보 기술-SGML적용-토픽맵. 충북: 국가기술표준원. Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (2014). KS X ISO/IEC 13250: Information-SGMLTopic Maps. Chungbuk: Korean Agency for Technology and Standards.
- 권창호 (2007). 토픽맵 기반의 기록물검색시스템 구축. 석사학위논문. 명지대학교 기록과학대학원. Kwon, Chang-Ho (2007). Construction of Record Retrieval System based on Topic Map. Unpublished master's thesis. The Graduate School of Archival Science, Myongji University.
- 배대식 (2004). 대학기록관리를 위한 업무분류표 개발 및 활용 방안. 석사학위논문. 명지대학교 기록과학대학원. Bae, Dae-Sik (2004). A Study on Development and Application of the Business Classification Schemes for University Record Management. Unpublished master's thesis. The Graduate School of Archival Science, Myongji University.
- 오삼균 (2004). 온톨로지 언어의 비교 연구: W3C OWL과 ISO 토픽맵을 중심으로. 한국비블리아학회지, 15(2), 71-96. Oh, Sam-Gyun (2004). A Comparison of Ontology Languages: Focusing on W3C OWL and ISO Topic Maps. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 15(2), 71-96.
- 한국전산원 (2004). 웹 온톨로지 개발지침. 서울: 한국전산원. National Information Society Agency (2004). Guidelines for Ontology Development. Seoul: National Information Society Agency.
- 황정희, 구미숙, 이현아, 류근호 (2006). 시맨틱 웹 기반의 고객 정보 검색 시스템의 설계 및 구현. 정보처리학회논문지D, 13-D(4), 525-534. Hwang, Jeong-Hee, Gu, Mi-Sug, Lee, Hyun-Ah, & Ryu, Keun-Ho (2006). Design and Implementation of Customer Information Retrieval System based on Semantic Web. The KIPS Transactions: Part D, 13-D(4), 525-534.
- Berners-Lee, T., Hendler, J., & Lassila, O. (2001). The Semantic Web. Retrieved June 1, 2015, from http://ombos.raceme.org/tof/jardiweb-old/WWW_SOP_/ACACIA/COURS/ESSI2006/SCIENTIFIC_AMERICAN__FEATURE_AR.PDF
- Bouzid, S., Cauvet C., & Pinaton J. (2012, October). A Topic-map-based Framework for Resource Retrieval in an Industrial Context STMicroelectronics' Case Study. In Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, San Francisco, 24-26.
- Corchol, O., Fernandez-Lopez, M., Gomez-Perez, A., & Lopez-Cima, A. (2005). Building Legal Ontologies with METHONTOLOGY and WebODE. Law and the Semantic Web, 3369, 142-157. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-32253-5_9
- Fernandez, L., Gomez-Perez, A., & Juristo, N. (1997, March). METHONTOLOGY: From Ontological Art Towards Ontological Engineering. In Proceeding of the Ontological Engineering AAAI-97 Spring Symposium Series. Standford University, EEUU.
- Garshol, L. M. (2004). Metadata? Thesauri? Taxonomies? Topic Maps! Making Sense of it All. Journal of Information Science, 30(4), 378-391. https://doi.org/10.1177/0165551504045856
- Iglesias, E. & Hye, S. S. (2008). Topic Maps and the ILS: and Undelivered Promise. Library Hi Tech, 26(1), 12-18. https://doi.org/10.1108/07378830810857753
- Nicola, A. D., Missikoff, M., & Navigli, R. (2005). A Proposal for a Unified Process for Ontology Building: UPON. LNCS 3588, 655-664.
- Pepper, S. (2000). The TAO of Topic Maps Finding the Way in the Age of Infoglut. Retrieved October 21, 2015, from http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/tao.html