- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analyzing the Next-generation Archival Description Standard: "Record in Context" of ICA EGAD
차세대 기록물 기술표준에 관한 연구 - ICA EGAD의 Record In Context를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2016.01.27
- Accepted : 2016.02.23
- Published : 2016.02.29
Previously, the International Council of Archives (ICA) provided the General International Standard Archival Description (ISAD(G)) and the International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families (ISAAR(CPF)) for the systematic archival description by the Committee on Best Practice and Standards. Recently, the new conceptual model and ontology, which is called "Record in Context" (RIC), is being developed by the ICA Experts Group on Archival Description (EGAD). For developing the new archival standard, ICA EGAD has referenced the archival standards of Australia, Spain, and Finland, as well as the FRBRoo integrated model of the museum and library fields and the legacy ICA's descriptive standards. This study, therefore, examined these international trends on the archival descriptive standards and derived a number of suggestions for improvement. As a result, descriptive standards are changing from the guidelines for the standardized archival description to the upper conceptual model and ontology for the flexible archival description and sharing of archival metadata. There is a need to adapt the change of the information environment and promote cooperation among cultural heritage institutions.
Archival Description;Archival Authority Records;Archival Metadata Standard;Archival Conceptual Model;Archival Ontology;Record in Context
- 국가기록원 (2009). NAK/A 12:2009(v1.0) 국가기록원 전거레코드 지침. National Archives of Korea (2009). NAK/A 12:2009(v1.0) Guide for Authority Record of National Archives of Korea.
- 국가기록원 (2011). NAK/S 14:2011(v2.0) 영구기록물 기술규칙. National Archives of Korea (2011). NAK/S 14:2011(v2.0) Archival Description Rules.
- 국가기록원 (2012). NAK/S 8:2012(v2.0) 기록관리 메타데이터 표준. National Archives of Korea (2012). NAK/S 8:2012(v2.0) Records and Archives Management Metadata Standard.
- 기술표준원 (2007a). KS X ISO 15489-1 문헌정보-기록관리-제1부: 일반사항. Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (2007a). KS X ISO 15489-1 Information and documentation - Records management - Part 1: General.
- 기술표준원 (2007b). KS X ISO TR 15489-2 문헌정보-기록관리-제2부: 지침. Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (2007b). KS X ISO TR 15489-2 Information and documentation-Records management - Part 2: Guidelines.
- 기술표준원 (2007c). KS X ISO 23081-1 문헌정보-기록관리과정-기록메타데이터-제1부: 원칙. Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (2007c). KS X ISO 23081-1 Information and documentation-Records management processes-Metadata for records-Part 1: Principles.
- 기술표준원 (2010). KS X ISO 23081-2 문헌정보-기록관리과정-기록메타데이터-제2부: 개념과 실행 고려사항. Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (2010). KS X ISO 23081-2 Information and documentation-Records management processes-Metadata for records-Part 2: Conceptual and implementation issues.
- 박지영 (2014). 문화유산기관 간의 전거데이터 공유에 관한 연구. 한국비블리아 발표논집, 65-82. Park, Ziyoung (2014). Sharing of Authority Data Among Cutural Heritage Institutions. Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science Conference Proceeding, 65-82.
- Bekiari, C. et al. (2015). FRBR object-oriented definition and mapping from FRBRER, FRAD and FRSAD (version 2.3). International Working Group on FRBR and CIDOC CRM Harmonisation.
- Clavaud, F. et al. (2015). ICA Expert Group on Archival Description: Interim Report on the Development of a Conceptual Model. 20th. Aug. 2015. Cleveland: SAA Annual Meeting.
- CNEDA (2012). Report on the work of CNEDA (2007-2012): toward a conceptual model for archival description in Spain.
- Doerr, M. & Le Boeuf, P. (2015). FRBRoo Introduction. http://www.cidoc-crm.org/frbr_inro.html
- Gueguen, G. et al. (2013). Toward an International Conceptual Model for Archival Description: A Preliminary Report from the International Council on Archives' Experts Group on Archival Description. The American Archivist, 76(2), 566-583.
- ICA (1999). General International Standard Archival Description. 2nd edition.
- ICA (2004). International Standard Archival Authority Records-Corporate Bodies, Persons, and Families. 2nd edition.
- ICA (2007). International Standard Description of Functions.
- ICA (2008). International Standard Description of Institutions with Archival Holdings.
- ICA (2014). ICA Annual Conference Archives and Cultural Industries. Web Sites. Retrieved Nov 2, 2015, from http://www.girona.cat/web/ica2014/eng/index.php
- ICA (2015). The Expert Group on Archival Description Web sites. Retrieved Nov 2, 2015, from http://www.ica.org/13851/egad-resources/egad-resources.html
- Le Boeuf (2012a). A Strange Model Named FRBROO, Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 50(5-7), 422-438. https://doi.org/10.1080/01639374.2012.679222
- Le Boeuf (2012b). An example of library and museum cooperation: the FRBRoo conceptual model. CIDOC Annual Conference - 'Enriching Cultural Heritage' - Helsinki, 10-14 June 2012.
- Le Boeuf (2013). Transforming FRBR into FRBROO. Lecture delivered in Rome, Universita La Sapienza, on May 10, 2013 by Patrick Le Boeuf, National Library of France.
- McCarthy, G. & Pitti, D. (2014). Expert Group on Archival Description (EGAD) (Presentation in DCMI Pre-Conference Special Session. Retrieved October 8, 2014, from http://dcevents.dublincore.org/IntConf/index/pages/view/2014-archives
- National Archives of Australia (2011). Australian Government Recordkeeping Metadata Standard Implementation Guidelines, version 2.0.
- National Archives of Australia (2015). Australian Government Recordkeeping Metadata Standard Version 2.2.
- National Archives of Finland (2013). The Finnish Conceptual Model for Archival Description (draft). ver. 0.1.
- Pitti, D. et al. (2014). Experts Group on Archival Description: Interim Report. in Archives and Cultural Industries. (2nd Annual Conference of the International Council on Archives). Girona, 11th-15th Oct. 2014.
- SAA (2015). SAA Annual Meeting Archives 2015. Web sites. http://archivists.org/am2015
Supported by : 한성대학교