- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on the Optimization of Performance Parameter for Membrane Based Dehumidification and Air Conditioning System
분리막 제습공조 시스템의 성능변수 최적화를 위한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2015.10.30
- Accepted : 2016.01.13
- Published : 2016.02.10
There are three types of dehumidification systems : refrigeration dehumidification method, desiccant dehumidification method and hybrid dehumidification method. The first method involves removing moisture by condensation below the dew point, the second method involves absorption by a desiccant material and the last is an integration method. However, the refrigeration dehumidification system consumes too much power and controlling the humidity ratio is difficult. The desiccant dehumidification system uses less power but it has problems of environmental pollution. The hybrid dehumidification system has the disadvantage of a high initial cost. On the other hand, the energy consumption of the membrane based dehumidification system is lower than for the refrigeration dehumidification system. Also, it is an environmentally friendly technology. In this study, the performance parameters are evaluated for the dehumidification system using a hollow fiber membrane. Available area, duct side dry-bulb temperature, sweep gas flux (flow rate) and LMPD (Log Mean Pressure Difference) were used as the performance parameters.
- Park, S., 2006, Understanding and application of desiccant dehumidification system, Magazine of the SAREK, Vol. 35, No. 9, pp. 44-56.
- Qi, H. Li, L., and Jin, W., 2004, Analysis on the Operating Characteristics of a Household Dehumidifier, International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference, pp. 676-681.
- Kodama, A., Hirayama, T., Motonobu, G., Tsutomu, H., and Critoph, R. E., 2001, The Use of Psychrometric Charts for the Optimization of a Thermal Swing Desiccant Wheel, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 21, pp. 1657-1674. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-4311(01)00032-1
- Yun, S. H., Ingole, P. G., Choi, W. K., Kim, J. H., and Lee, H. K., 2015, Synthesis of cross-linked amides and esters as thin film composite membrane materials yields permeable and selective material for water vapor/gas separation, J. Mater. Chem. A, Vol. 3, pp. 7888-7899. https://doi.org/10.1039/C5TA00706B
- Bezmalinović, D., Strahl, S., Roda, V., and Husar, A., 2014, Water Transport Study in High Temperature Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Stack, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 39, No. 20, pp. 10627-10640. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2014.04.186
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원