- Volume 5 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Image Recomposition Using Seam Carving and Insertion Considering the Rule of Thirds
- Lee, Jon-Ha ;
- Kim, Kyumok ;
- Park, Jinwon ;
- Park, Ji Yeol ;
- Jung, Seung-Won
- Received : 2016.02.19
- Accepted : 2016.02.25
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this paper, we present an algorithm for adjusting the position of a user-specified object considering image aesthetics. Specifically, the user-specified object is positioned according to the rule of thirds by inserting or deleting unimportant seam lines from the image. To find such seam lines, a novel weight map is designed using the spatial and color distances from the object. We also design and analyze two approaches to seam carving and insertion. Experimental results show that the proposed method can be used as an effective semi-automatic image recomposition scheme.
Photo retargeting;Seam carving;Rule of thirds
- B. Krages, "Photography: the art of composition," Skyhorse Publishing, 2012.
- W. A. Barrett and A. S. Cheney, "Object-based image editing," ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), Vol. 21, No. 3, ACM, 2002.
- A. Criminisi, P. Pérez, and K. Toyama, "Region filling and object removal by exemplar-based image inpainting," IEEE Trans. Image Process., Vol. 13, No. 9, pp.1200-1212, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2004.833105
- S. Avidan and A. Shamir, "Seam carving for contentaware image resizing," ACM Transactions on graphics (TOG), Vol. 26, No. 3, ACM, 2007.
- F. Shafieyan, et al., "Image seam carving using depth assisted saliency map," Image Processing (ICIP), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- W. Dong, et al., "Optimized image resizing using seam carving and scaling," ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), Vol. 28, No. 5, ACM, 2009.
- L. Wu, L. Cao, and C. W. Chen, "Fast and improved seam carving with strip partition and neighboring probability constraints," Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2013 IEEE International Symposium on. IEEE, 2013.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 동국대학교