- Volume 5 Issue 1
We propose plain fingerprint classification based on a core stochastic algorithm that effectively uses a core stochastic model, acquiring more fingerprint minutiae and direction, in order to increase matching performance. The proposed core stochastic algorithm uses core presence/absence and contains a ridge direction and distribution map. Simulations show that the fingerprint classification accuracy is improved by more than 14%, on average, compared to other algorithms.
Fingerprint core;Classification;Ridge direction;Stochastic model;Distribution map
- Sarat C. Dass, Anil K. Jain, "Fingerprint Classification Using Orientation Field Flow Curves", Michigan State University.
- Maltoni, D., Maio, D., Jain, A.K., Prabhakar, S.: "Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition", Springer-Verlag, New York, 2003.
- Maltoni D, Maio D, Jain A K, et al. "Handbook of fingerprint recognition[M]", springer, 2009.
- J. Zhou, F.L Chen, J.W. Gu, "A novel algorithm for detecting singular points from fingerprint image", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 31(7), pp. 1239-1250, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2008.188
- Wikipedia "Fingerprints".
- M. Tico, P. Kuosmanen, "A multiresolution method for singular points detection in fingerprint images", Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 4, pp.183-186, 1999.
- R. Cappelli, A. Lumini, D. Maio, and D. Maltoni. "Fingerprint classification by directional image partitioning", IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 35:1209-1223, 2002.
- J. Chang and K. Fan, "A new model for fingerprint classification by ridge distribution sequences", Pattern Recognition, 35:1209-1223, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(01)00121-2
- M. M. S. Chong, T. H. Ngee, L. Jun, and R. K. L. Gay, "Geometric framework for fingerprint image classification", Pattern Recognition, 30(9):1475-1488, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(96)00178-1
- Qinzhi Zhanga, Hong Yan, "Fingerprint classification based on extraction and analysis of singularities and pseudoridges", Pattern Recognition, vol.37, pp. 2233-2243, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2003.12.020
- S Yadav, M Mathuria, "Fingerprint Recognition based on Minutiae Information", International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 120, 2015.
Supported by : Advanced Technology Center (ATC)