- Volume 17 Issue 3
An experimental investigation on the behaviour of concrete beams reinforced with various reinforcement, including ordinary steel bars, CFRP bars and CFRP prestressed concrete prisms(PCP). The main variable in the test program was the level of prestress and the cross section of PCP.The modes of failure and the crack width were observed. The results of load-deflection and load-crack width characteristics were discussed. The results showed that the CFRP prestressed concrete prisms as flexural reinforcement of concrete beams could limit deflection and crack width under service load and PCP can overcome the serviceability problems associated with the low elastic modulus/strength ratio of CFRP.
flexural behavior;beams;CFRP;deflection;crack width
- Banthia, V., Mufti, A.A., Svecova, D. and Bakht, B. (2003), "Transverse confinement of deck slabs by concrete straps", Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, 6, 945-954.
- Chen, B. and Nawy, E.G. (1994), "Structural behavior evaluation of high strength concrete beams reinforced with prestressed prisms using fiber optic sensors", ACI Struct. J., 91(6), 708-718.
- Hanson, N.W. (1969), "Prestressed concrete prisms as reinforcement for crack control", PCI J., 14(5), 14-31.
- Issa, M.S., Metwally, I.M. and Elzeiny, S.M. (2011), "Influence of fibers on flexural behavior and ductility of concrete beams reinforced with GFRP rebars", Eng. Struct., 33(5), 1754-1763. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.02.014
- Kara, I.F., Ashour, A.F. and Koroglu, M.A. (2015), "Flexural behavior of hybrid FRP/steel reinforced concrete beams", Compos. Struct., 129, 111-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.03.073
- Kara, I.F. and Ashraf, A.F. (2012), "Flexural performance of FRP reinforced concrete beams", Compos. Struct., 94(5), 1616-1625 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2011.12.012
- Kassem, C., Farghaly, A.S. and Benmokrane, B. (2011), "Evaluation of flexural behavior and serviceability performance of concrete beams reinforced with FRP bars", J. Compos. Constr., 15(5), 682-695. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000216
- Lu, W.Y., Yu, H.W., Chen, C.L., Liu, S.L. and Chen, T.C. (2015), "High-strength concrete deep beams with web openings strengthened by carbon fiber reinforced plastics", Comput. Concrete, 15(1), 21-35. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2015.15.1.021
- Machial, R., Alam, M.S. and Rteil, A. (2012), "Revisiting the shear design equations for concrete beams reinforced with FRP rebar and stirrup", Mater. Struct., 45(11), 1593-1612. https://doi.org/10.1617/s11527-012-9859-5
- Mirza, J.F., Zia, P. and Bhargava, J.R. (1971), "Static and fatigue strengths of beams containing prestressed concrete tension elements", Highw. Res. Record, 354, 54-60.
- Mostafa, E., Amr, E. and Ehab, E. (2011), "Behavior of continuous concrete beams reinforced with FRP Bars", Adv. FRP Compos. Civil Eng., 2011, 283-286.
- Nawy, E.G. and Chen, B. (1998), "Deformational behavior of high performance concrete continuous composite beams reinforced with prestressed prisms and instrumented with bragg grating fiber optic sensors", ACI Struct. J., 95(1), 51-60.
- Panjehpour, M., Ali, A.A.A. and Aznieta, F.N. (2014), "Energy absorption of reinforced concrete deep beams strengthened with CFRP sheet", Steel Compos. Struct., 16(5), 481-489. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2014.16.5.481
- Svecova, D. and Razaqpur, A.G. (2000), "Flexural behavior of concrete beams reinforced with carbon fiberreinforced polymer (CFRP) prestressed prisms", Struct. J., 97(5), 731-738.
- Tomlinson, D. and Fam, A. (2014), "Performance of concrete beams reinforced with basalt FRP for flexure and shear", J. Compos. Constr., 19(2), 04014036.
- Wang, H. and Belarbi, A. (2013), "Flexural durability of FRP bars embedded in fiber-reinforced-concrete", Constr. Build. Mater., 44, 541-550. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.02.065
- Wu, G., Sun, Z., Wu, Z. and Luo, Y. (2012), "Mechanical properties of steel-FRP composite bars (SFCBs) and performance of SFCB reinforced concrete structures", Adv. Struct. Eng., 15(4), 625-636. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43184.108.40.2065
- Wu, G., Wu, Z.S., Luo, Y.B., Sun, Z.Y. and Hu, X.Q. (2010), "Mechanical properties of steel-FRP composite bar under uniaxial and cyclic tensile loads", J. Mater. Civil Eng., 22(10), 1056-1066. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000110
- Zhang, L.Z., Sun, Y.M. and Xiong, Wei (2014), "Experimental study on the flexural deflections of concrete beam reinforced with Basalt FRP bars", Mater. Struct., 47(10), 1148-1157
- 1. Buckling of concrete columns retrofitted with Nano-Fiber Reinforced Polymer (NFRP) vol.18, pp.5, 2016, doi:10.12989/cac.2016.17.3.295
- 2. Mechanical properties of concrete beams reinforced with CFRP prestressed prisms under reverse cyclic loading vol.11, pp.2, 2016, doi:10.12989/cac.2016.17.3.295
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Chinese National Natural Science Foundation