- Volume 20 Issue 1
PTMEG(Polytetramethylene ether glycol) is a polymer compound widely used as a wide range of applications in the textile industry. PTMEG substance carrying various 1,800~2,000 molecular weight are mainly used as the raw material of the spandex production. Molecular weight and degree of polymerization value for 4 different PTMEG samples under pilot plant scale synthetic process were determined by a new quantitative NMR method. In NMR experiments, p-toluenesulfonic acid(TSOH) was used for external standard material of PTMEG quantitative analysis. were measuring The concentration of the primary standard TSOH was measured by UV/Vis spectroscopy. By using NMR peak assignments and the integral values of designated proton NMR peaks, We were able to measure the % composition of the synthetic PTMEG polymers, concentrations, molecular weight and the degree of polymerization that show the synthetic process of each manufacturing pilot plant. By utilizing a newly developed quantitative NMR method were able to obtain the molecular weight of PTMEG samples within 0.08 error % range.
PTMEG;NMR;Quantitative analysis;Degree of polymerization
- J.W. Turczan and T. Medwick, Anal. Lett. 10, 581 (1977) https://doi.org/10.1080/00032717708059224
- G. Kim et al., J. Kor. Magn. Reson. 18, 2 (2014)
- H.J.P. The Basics of NMR. http://www.cis.rit.edu/htbooks/nmr/ June 14, 2006.
- C. Lee and H. Won, J. Kor. Mag. Reson. 11, 129 (2007)
- D. Kim and H. Won, J. Kor. Mag. Reson. 2, 50 (1998)
- A. M. Calfat, H. Won, and L. G. Marzilli, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 119, 3656 (1997) https://doi.org/10.1021/ja963392b
- J.L. Jungnickel and J.W. Forbes, Anal. Chem. 35, 938 (1963) https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60201a005
- G.F. Pauli, B.U. Jaki, and D.C. Lankin, J. Nat. Prod. 68, 133 (2005) https://doi.org/10.1021/np0497301
Supported by : Hanyang University