- Volume 17 Issue 2
Purpose: To establish a database for breast cancer patients to save and manage clinical data and to preliminarily investigate its clinical application. Materials and Methods: Information on breast cancer patients hospitalized in our department from 2008.01 to 2013.01 were input into our breast cancer management system. SPSS 16.0 software was used as a convenient reference to evaluate the accuracy of the newly built database. Results: A database of 2403 breast cancer patients was successfully established. Information in the database clearly displayed capabilities of storage, addition, retrieval, statistical analysis and other functions. As the continuously updated database showed, the distribution of age, sex, nationality, allergy history, pausimenia and marriage of patients was identical to that achieved by SPSS analysis, indicating reliable and accurate data analysis. Conclusions: The described database is easy and convenient to operate and manage, and should prove suitable for application in clinical research and treatment.
Breast cancer;database;electronic management;China
- Bayley JP, Launonen V, Tomlinson IP (2008). The FH mutation database: an online database of fumarate hydratase mutations involved in the MCUL (HLRCC) tumor syndrome and congenital fumarase deficiency. BMC Med Genet, 9, 20.
- Brown ML, Lipscomb J, Snyder C (2001). The burden of illness of cancer: economic cost and quality of life. Annu Rev Public Health, 22, 91-113. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.22.1.91
- Di Pisa F, Mastrangelo D, Hadjistilianou T, et al (1997). Design and implementation of a relational database used in the management of patients with retinoblastoma. Comput Biomed Res, 30, 273-89. https://doi.org/10.1006/cbmr.1997.1447
- James FR, Wootton S, Jackson A, et al (2015). Obesity in breast cancer - What is the risk factor? Eur J Cancer, 51, 705-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2015.01.057
- Jansen LA, Backstein RM, Brown MH (2014). Breast size and breast cancer: A systematic review. J Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery, 67, 1615-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjps.2014.10.001
- Lee J, Kim J, Lee J, et al (2001). The study on the web-based Clinical Database Management System of Oriental Pulse Waveform. J Med Syst, 25, 277-84. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010624922603
- Nigrin DJ, Kohane IS (2000). Temporal expressiveness in querying a time-stamp--based clinical database. J Am Med Inform Assoc, 7, 152-63. https://doi.org/10.1136/jamia.2000.0070152
Supported by : National Science Foundation of China