- Volume 19 Issue 1
New occupational qualification system built on NCS(National Competency Standard) aimed to induce industries, the final appliers of qualification, to play a leading role in designing qualification and to spontaneously apply such qualification standard to employment and promotion so as to reinforce universality of qualification. In this study, we verified the validity of NCS level of qualification categories for 130 occupational fields by redesigning NCS-based new occupational qualification system with a focus on 7 major areas, including mechanical field, which were found to have wide-ranging social ripple effect throughout society and high acceptability in 2014. The results of study on suitability at qualification level suggested the followings: First, there is a difference in number of competency units for each qualification category, depending on area. New qualification covering 7 major areas included 15.3 competency units for each qualification category, which exceeds the number of competency units(about 10 units) in subdivided NCS. By field, some difference was found with 7.9 competency units for cultural field and 22.6 competency units for information and communication area. Second, preference above normal level was observed in the criteria, procedure and method for determining qualification redesigning. However, preference below normal level was exhibited in connection with possibility of linkage with overseas qualifications, although preference was above normal level in relation to the suitability of design/qualification level and qualification categories based on lifelong career development path within scope of NCS as the criteria for determining the redesign of qualification categories. Second, we compared NCS level and SC(Sector Council level, and the results showed that NCS level was found to be somewhat well-defined. For the qualifications with different definitions, it was deemed difficult to determine superiority between NCS level and SC level. However, majority opinion indicated that it would be desirable to follow NCS level because NCS was created through collection of opinions for a prolonged period.
- 강석주, "자격의 기능이 직무능력과 직무적합성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 한국기술교육대학교, 2011,
- 고용노동부, "제2차 국가기술자격제도발전기본계획", 고용노동부, 2010
- 구자길.김준태.김진실.홍성대, "현장수요 중심의 직업능력표준 및 자격종목 분류체계구축 방안", 한국산업인력공단, 2008,
- 김상진, "자격검정제도의 효과성에 관한 연구", 성균관대학교 박사학위논문, 2004,
- 김환식, "호주의 직업교육훈련", 범신사. 2010.
- 나승일 외 (2009). 직무능력표준 활용 패키지 매뉴얼 개발. 고용노동부, 한국산업인력공단
- 노동부, "일본의 자격제도", 노동부. 2009.
- 어수봉 외 (2013). NCS를 활용한 국가기술자격 등급 및 종목 재설계-화학분야 중심으로. 한국노동경제학회.
- 이기우, "사업내 자격검정사업 매뉴얼", 한국산업인력공단, 2009,
- 이기우, "국가기술자격제도 변천실태 연구", 2010,
- 이동임.김덕기, "독일의 자격제도", 한국직업능력개발원. 2005.
- 이동임. "지식정보화시대의 국가기술자격제도 운영방향", 직업능력개발세미나 자료집, 2009,
- 정기오, "한국에서의 수행평가와 교육의 형평에 관한 연구", 서울대학교 박사학위논문, 2001
- Fretwell, Lewis & Deij, A Framework for Defining and Assessing Occupational and Training Standards in Developing Countries, World Bank and European Training Foundation, 2001,
- Kleiner, Morris M. & Ham, Hwikwon, Regulation Occupations: Does Occupational Licensing Increase Earnings and Employment Growth?, NBER working paper, 2005,
- Hogarth, R. M.(1978). A nate on aggregating opinions. Organizational Behaavior and Human Performance, 21(1),
- OECD(,Qualification system - bridges to lifelong learning-, 2007.
- Tissot, P., Terminology of vocational training Policy. A mulitilin gual glossary for an enlarged Europe, Cedefop. 2004,
- The German Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning, 2011.