- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Measurement and Analysis for the Upper Side Flow Boundary Layer of a High Speed Train Using Wind Tunnel Experiments with a Scaled Model
축소모형 풍동시험을 이용한 고속열차의 유동 상부경계층 측정 및 분석
- Oh, Hyuck Keun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Hyeok-bin (Department of Transportation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Kwak, Minho (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seogwon (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Choonsoo (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.11.05
- Accepted : 2016.01.12
- Published : 2016.02.29
The flows around a high speed train are very important because they could affect the aerodynamic characteristics such as drag and acoustic noise. Especially the boundary layer of flows could represent the characteristic of flows around the high speed train. Most previous studies have focused on the boundary layer region along the train length direction for the side of the train and underbody. The measurement and analysis of the boundary layer for the roof side is also very important because it could determine the flow inlet condition for the pantograph. In this study, the roof boundary layer was measured with a 1/20 scaled model of the next generation high speed train, and the results were compared with full-scaled computational fluid dynamics results to confirm their validity. As a result, it was confirmed that the flow inlet condition for the pantograph is about 85% of the train speed. Additionally, the characteristics of the boundary layer, which increases along the train direction, was also analyzed.
고속열차의 주위의 유통특성은 열차의 항력 및 소음 등 전반적인 특성에 영향을 주는 인자이다. 특히 고속열차의 유동 경계층은 유동 특성에 큰 영향을 미치는데, 기존의 연구는 주로 열차 주행 시 발생하는 측면 열차풍이나 열차의 하부 열차풍에 대한 연구가 주로 이루어져왔다. 열차 상부 경계층의 측정 및 분석도 매우 중요한데, 이는 열차 상부에 위치한 팬터그래프의 유동입력 조건에 상부 경계층이 가장 큰 영향을 미치기 때문이다. 본 연구에서는 차세대 고속열차의 1/20 축소모델을 이용하여 열차의 상부경계층 조건을 확인하였고, 그 결과를 풀 스케일 전산유체해석결과와 비교하여 그 타당성을 검증하였다. 이를 통하여 팬터그래프로 유입되는 유동속도는 열차 주행속도의 약 85% 수준임을 확인하였으며, 또한 열차 길이방향에 따른 유동 경계층의 성장특성을 분석하였다.
Grant : 고속열차 성능 및 효율 향상 핵심기술 개발, 고속열차용 저소음/저저항 팬터그래프 공력설계 기술 및 풀스케일 팬터그래프 형상 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- C.J. Baker (2010) The flow around high speed train, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 98, pp. 277-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jweia.2009.11.002
- M. Sterling et al. (2008) A study of slipstreams of high speed passenger trains and freight trains, Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 222, pp. 177-193. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544097JRRT133
- N.J.W. Brockie, C.J. Baker (1990) The aerodynamic drag of high speed trains, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 34, pp. 273-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(90)90156-7
- C.J. Baker et al. (2001) The slipstream and wake of a high speed train, Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 215, pp. 83-99. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954409011531422
- H.B. Kwon, C.S. Park (2006) An experimental study on the relationship between ballast flying phenomenon and strong wind under high peed train, World Congress on Railway Research, Montreal, Paper T126.96.36.199.
- A. Ido et al. (2013) Study on under-floor flow of railway vehicle using on-track tests with a Laser Doppler Velocimetry and moving model tests with comb stagnation pressure tubes , Proceedings of the WCRR 2013, Sidney.
- H.N. Hemida (2006) Large eddy simulation of the flow around simplified high speed trains under side wind conditions, Lice- ntiate of Engineering Thesis, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden.
- J.L. Peters (1983) Aerodynamics of very high speed trains and maglev vehicles: state of the art and future potential, Internatio -nal journal of Vehicle Design, Special publication SP3, pp.308-341.
- H-b. Kwon, H.K. Oh (2013) Decomposition and reduction of aerodynamic drag of high-speed train, Proceedings of the WCRR 2013, Sidney.
- F. Poisson, P.E. Gautier, F. Letorneaux (2008) Noise Sources for High Speed Trains : a Review of results in the TGV case, Noise and Vibration Mitigation for Rail Transportation Systems, Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, Volume 99, pp.71-77.
- H. Noh et al. (2012) Aerodynamic Noise Characteristics of High-speed Trains by the Beam-forming Method, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(3), pp.231-236. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.3.231
- T. Ko and K. N. Kim (2013) Numerical simulation for the pantograph of new generation high-speed train, Proceedings of KSCFE Spring Conference 2013, pp.148-151.
- H-B. Kwon, Y.H. Park, D.H. Lee, M.S. Kim (2001) Wind tunnel experiments on Korean high-speed trains using various ground simulation techniques, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 89, pp.1179-1195. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6105(01)00107-6
- E. Wilemsen (1997) High reynolds number wind tunnel experiments on trains, Journal of Wind Eng. and Ind. Aerodynamics, 69(71), pp.437-447.
- F.M. White (1999) Fluid Mechanics 4th edition , McGraw-Hill, Singapore, pp. 428-442.
- H.K. Oh, M. Kwak, H-B Kwon, S-S. Kim, S. Kim (2015) A study on the contribution of exterior devices to running resistance in highspeed trains, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(4), pp. 309-316. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.4.309