- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Assessment of a Temperature Control Unit used in a Lifecycle Testing System for LED Headlamps on Locomotives
철도차량용 LED전조등의 수명시험용 온도제어부의 성능평가
- Ohn, Jung-Ghun (Metropolitan Transit System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Ki-Seok (Metropolitan Transit System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chung, Jong-Duk (Metropolitan Transit System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.10.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.14
- Published : 2016.02.29
LED light sources have been known to have a long life and good energy efficiency compared to traditional light sources. Recently, headlamps using LED light sources have ensured the forward visibility and safe operation of high-speed rolling stock. However, assessing the lifespan of LED headlamps based on real test data is not easy because it depends on the multiple stress factors such as a fixed driving current, junction temperature, vibration and so on. Generally, LED headlamps have failed before their advertised life span mainly due to temperature. Thus, the performance assessment of a temperature control unit should be done before a life cycle test of LED headlamps. This study attempted to develop a prototype temperature control module for a lifecycle test system using a commercial LED headlight and verified the system through experiments.
Grant : 3세부 고휘도(100만 칸델라급) LED전조등 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- J.N. Suh, I.S. Yeo (2008) Investigation on the Life Test of LED Lighting Module, Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Annual Summer Conference, Hoengseong, pp. 1491-1492.
- J.-G. Ohn, K.-S. Jeong, J.-D. Chung (2015) Conceptual design for lifetime test system for LED headlamp on a rolling stock, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(2), pp. 111-116. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.2.111
- M.S. Ko, J.H. Lee, S.J. Oh, et al. (2009) Cooling performance of LED head lamp with heat sink and cooling fan, Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers-B, 33(12), pp. 947-951. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2009.33.12.947
- J.M. Lim, H.Y. Lee, K. Lee, D.H. Kim, et al. (2013) International standard trends of computing life assumption value of a light source through lumen maintenance, Proceedings of The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers Annual Spring Conference, Wonju, pp. 122-123.
- IES Testing Procedures Committee (2008) Approved method for measuring lumen maintenance or LED light sources, Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, IES LM-80-08.
- B.C. Ahn, J.Y. Song (2010) Control characteristics and heating performance analysis of automatic thermostatic valves for radiant slab heating system in residential apartments, Energy, 35(4), pp.1615-1624. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.11.007
- H.S. Choi, J.S. Yoon, T.W. Lim, et al. (2010) Temperature control for LED with fan circulated air-cooling system, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 34(8), pp. 1100-1106. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2010.34.8.1100
- J.G. Ohn, J.D. Chung, J.U. Kim, I.K. Kim (2013) An analysis of the heat-sink module for rail vehicle's LED headlamp, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway Annual Spring Conference, Pyeongchang, pp. 416-421.
- konics.co.kr/upload/data/KRN100_KO_KEP-K-0120D_20150326.pdf (Accessed 12 December 2015).
- konics.co.kr/upload/data/1363930074_1493_DATA.pdf (Accessed 12 December 2015).