- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application of the Absorbing Boundary Condition in Moving Force Analysis of Asphalt Concrete Track
흡수경계조건의 아스팔트 콘크리트 궤도 동적 해석에의 적용
- Lee, Seonghyeok (High Speed Railroad System Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chung, Keunyoung (KY Technnology) ;
- Jung, Wooyoung (Department of Civil Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2015.09.21
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this study, the absorbing boundary condition was adopted to prevent elastic wave propagation due to abrupt load condition changes in moving force analysis. It was proven to be effective in reducing inappropriate noise components. Furthermore, to verify whether fixed point excitation in a laboratory test can simulate train movement effectively, the results of dynamic analysis for fixed point excitation and moving force conditions were analyzed. The dynamic stability of an asphalt track structure under a KTX train condition was also studied. Additionally, the dynamic safety of asphalt tracks was verified by comparing the results of a moving force analysis under a KTX train load and a quasi-static analysis under the design standard Korean train load.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- S.H. Lee, J.W. Lee, H.M. Lee (2015) Optimal section of ballasted asphalt track considering design lifetime and economic feasibility, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(3), pp. 241-251. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.241
- S.H. Lee, J.W. Lee, H.M. Lee (2015) Behavior characteristics of ballasted track on asphalt roadbed using real scale test, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(3), pp. 252-260. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.252
- S.H. Lee, J.W. Lee, Y.J. Lim (2013) Development of asphalt track system suited to speed-up, The Magazine of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 61(11), pp.10-17.
- B. Lichtberger (2005) Track Compendium. Formation, Permanent Way, Maintenance, Economics, Eurail Press, pp. 309-311.
- EAPA (2003) Asphalt in railway tracks, European Asphalt Pavement Association, October 2003, pp. 7-10.
- C. Esveld (2001) Modern Railway Track(2nd Edition), MRT-Productions, 2001, pp. 245-246.
- Y.H. Huang, J.G. Rose, C.J. Kooury (1987) Thickness design for hot-mix asphalt railroad trackbeds, Asphalt Paving Technology, 56, pp. 427-453.
- Andreas H. Nielsen (2006) Absorbing boundary conditions for seismic analysis in ABAQUS, ABAQUS User's Conference, Cambridge, MA USA, pp. 359-376.
- Cathal Bowe (2009) Dynamic Interaction of trains and railway bridges using wheel rail contact method, Ph.D. Thesis, National University of Ireland.
- L. Jingbo, G. Yin, W. Yan, L. Bin (2006) Efficient procedure for seismic analysis of soil-structure interaction system, Tsinghua Science and Technology, 11(6), pp. 625-631. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1007-0214(06)70244-9
- S. Parkash (2004) Transmitting boundaries for transient elastic response in soil-structure interaction system, 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- S. Parkash, S. Thakkar (2004) Cone boundaries for dynamic problems of 3-d half space, 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Korea Railway Network Authority (2012) Railway design guidance and manual, Ballasted Track, KR C-14030.