- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
3D Dynamic Finite Element Analysis and Corresponding Vibration of Asphalt Track Considering Material Characteristics and Design Thickness of Asphalt Concrete Roadbed Under Moving Load
아스팔트 콘크리트 설계두께 및 재료특성을 반영한 아스팔트 콘크리트 궤도 3차원 이동하중 동적해석 및 진동특성
- Lee, SeongHyeok (Advanced Infrastructure Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Seo, HyunSu (Dept. Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Jung, WooYoung (Dept. Civil Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2016.01.13
- Published : 2016.02.29
The asphalt-concrete trackbed system has many advantages in terms of maintenance and economics. However, methods to investigate practical use corresponding to the development of the trackbed system must be developed. The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the dynamic performance of the asphalt system in accordance with both the elastic and viscoelastic material characteristics and design thickness of the asphalt trackbed. More specifically, in order to reduce the uncertainty error of the Finite Element(FE) model, a three-dimensional full scale FE model was developed and then the infinite foundation model was considered. Finally, to compare the condition of viscoelastic materials, performance evaluation of the asphalt-concrete trackbed system was used to deal with the dynamic amplification factors; numerical results using isotropic-elastic materials in the FE analysis are presented.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- S.S. Won, J.W. Lee, S.H. Lee, Y.H. Jung (2014) Prediction of cumulative plastic displacement in the concrete track roadbed caused by cyclic loading, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 17(1), pp. 52-58. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.1.52
- S.H. Lee, J.W. Lee, H.M. Lee, (2015) Optimal section of ballasted asphalt track considering design lifetime and economic feasibility, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(3), pp. 241-251. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.241
- S.H. Lee, J.W. Lee, Y.J. Lim (2013) Development of asphalt track system suited to speed-up, The Magazine of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 61(11), pp. 10-17.
- EAPA (2003) Asphalt in railway tracks, European Asphalt Pavement Association, pp. 7-10.
- C. Esveld (2001) Modern Railway Track(2nd Edition), MRT-Productions, pp. 245-246.
- Leilei Chen, Zhendong Qian, Hanzhou Hu (2013) Epoxy asphalt concrete protective course used on steel railway bridge, Construction and Building Materials, 41, pp. 125-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.12.002
- Y.H. Huang, J.G. Rose, C.J. Kooury (1987) Thickness design for hot-mix asphalt railroad trackbeds, Asphalt Paving Technology, 56, pp. 427-453.
- Mbakisya A. Onyango (2009) Verification of mechanistic prediction models for permanent deformation in asphalt mixes using accelerated pavement testing, Ph.D. Thesis, Kansas State University.
- Shengyang Zhu, Chengbiao Cai (2014) Interface damage and its effect on vibrations of slab track under temperature and vehicle dynamic loads, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 58, pp. 222-232. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2013.10.004
- Korea Railway Network Authority (2012) Railway design guidance and manual, Ballasted Track, KR C-14040.
- Mingjing Fang, Sergio Fernandez Cerdas (2015) Theoretical analysis on ground vibration attenuation using sub-track asphalt layer in high-speed rails, Journal of Modern Transportation, 23(3), pp. 214-219. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40534-015-0081-3