- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Cost Analysis of VVVF Inverter Train Based on Life-cycle to Determine the Introduction Timing of New Trains
신규차량 도입시기 의사결정을 위한 인버터제어 전동차의 잔여수명에 따른 비용분석
- Lee, Kwang-Sub (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Chan Woo (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Yang, Keun-Yul (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Min, Jae Hong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Jong Jin (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.09.15
- Published : 2016.02.29
Before urban railway vehicles reach their design life-span, operating agencies should determine when to buy new vehicles. Previous LCC (Life Cycle Cost) studies were limited because they independently focused on existing vehicles based on costs that directly impacted only the operating agency without considering effects such as social costs and the reduction of maintenance costs. Thus, it is difficult to systematically determine when to buy new vehicles. This study investigated the operating and maintenance related costs, especially from additional expenses and social costs due to unexpected vehicle failures and safety accidents, and did an economic analysis of scenarios with different discount rates. Considering that the public is very concerned about safety after the Sewol ferry accident, additional costs, which include social costs, should be included in the analysis. This study shows that the economic priority of scenarios may change depending on whether those costs are included and on the discount rate. The results of this study can help in the decision-making process for the planning and buying of new trains.
도시철도 운영기관은 전동차의 설계수명이 도래하기 전에 신규차량 도입 시기를 결정해야 한다. 최근 널리 활용되고 있는 생애주기비용(LCC; Life Cycle Cost) 연구는 현재 운행 중인 분석대상 전동차에 직접적으로 소요되는 비용만을 고려하며 신규차량 도입으로 인한 유지보수비용의 절감효과, 사회적비용 등을 고려하지 않아 신규차량 구매 시기에 따른 비용을 종합적으로 판단하기 어렵다. 본 연구에서는 LCC에서 활용되는 비용과 노후화에 따른 고장 및 안전사고로 인한 운영기관의 부대비용, 피해승객의 사회적 비용을 포함하고, 신규차량의 구매 시기에 따른 대안별 비용분석, 할인율 변화에 따른 민감도를 분석하였다. 세월호 사고 이후 안전사고에 대한 국민적 경각심이 높은 점을 감안할 때 차량 도입 시기에 대한 의사결정 과정에서 부대비용과 사회적비용을 함께 고려할 필요가 있으며, 본 연구결과 이러한 비용의 포함여부 및 할인율에 따라 대안의 경제적 우선순위가 변동될 수 있음을 보여주었다. 이는 향후 차량수급 중장기 경영계획 수립을 위한 의사결정에 큰 시사점을 줄 것으로 판단된다.
- S.Y. Chung, W.Y. Lee (2012) Estimation of the life-span for urban rolling stock through LCC analysis (focused on Seoul Metro), Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(5), pp. 508-516. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.5.508
- S.M. Park, S.T. Kim (2009) A research on the economical life-span setting of rolling stock based on the LCC(Life Cycle Cost) analysis, Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, pp. 1-14.
- S.M. Park (2009) Analysis to be used for the life cycle costs calculation of rolling stocks for EMU, Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, GyeongJu, pp. 1-7.
- J.H. Kim, H.K. Jun, J.S. Park, H.Y. Jeong (2009) A study on the life cycle cost calculation of the railroad vehicle based on the maintenance information, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(1), pp. 88-94.
- Y.S. Lee, J.O. Kim, H.C. Kim, D.U. Jang (2009) A study on modeling of life cycle cost for magnetic levitation train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), pp. 1076-1080.
- S.Y. Han, S.K. Hong, C.S. Ha (2005) Analysis of life-cycle cost for urban transit system using RAM, IE Interfaces, 18(4), pp. 477-484.
- K.W. Chung, Y.S. Jeon, J.Y. An, C.S. Kim, J.D. Chung (2009) Verification of life-cycle cost for the urban railway vehicle, Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, GyeongJu, pp. 1-7.
- J.W. Kim, K.W. Chung, J.S. Park, J.D. Chung (2010) A life cycle cost model and procedure for the acquisition of rolling stocks, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(3), pp. 257-263.
- MOLIT (2010) A study of service life and precise diagnosis of railway vehicles, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, pp. 1-172.
- ARAIB (2013) Railroad accident investigation report: Busan Transportation Corporation Subway Line 1, Aviation and Railway Accident Investigation Board, ARAIB R13-07.
- KDI (2008) General guidelines for preliminary feasibility studies(Road and Railroad), Public & Private Infrastructure Investment Center, Korea Development Institute.
- MOLIT (2010) A guideline for the report on railway accidents, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Achieved at www.korail.com (Accessed 14 November, 2014).