- Volume 35 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Simple closed-form solution for a single source estimation in mixed far-field and near-field conditions
원근 혼합환경에서 간단한 닫힌 형식을 이용한 단일 음원 위치 추정 기법
Jung, Tae-Jin;Lee, KyunKyung
- Received : 2015.08.20
- Accepted : 2015.11.02
- Published : 2016.01.31
Based on correlation and least square method, a closed-form algorithm for estimating the location of mixed far-field and near-field source is presented using the Uniform Circular Array (UCA). Recently, for a homogeneous circular arrangement case, a correlation based closed-form algorithm is proposed to estimate 2-D angle (azimuth, elevation) and the extended algorithm is proposed to 3-D location (azimuth, elevation, range). These algorithms assume the far-field source or near-field source only. Therefore, for mixed source localization, the proposed algorithm estimates source location with the assumption of far-field source, and then estimates the range to distinguish the far-field from the near-field source. For both cases, numerical experiments have been performed, which confirmed the validity of the proposed algorithm.
Source localization;Near-field/Far-Field Source;Least square method
- R. O. Schmidt, "Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. AP-34, 271-280 (1986).
- J. J. Jiang, F. J. Duan, J. C. Li, and X. N. Hua, "Mixed Near-Field and Far-Field Sources Localization Using the Uniform Linear Sensor Array," IEEE Sensors J., 13, (2013).
- J. Xie, H. Tao, X. Rao, and J. Su, "Passive Localization of Mixed Far-Field and Near-Field Sources without Estimating the Number of Sources," Sensors 15, 3834-3853 (2015). https://doi.org/10.3390/s150203834
- Y. Wu, and H. C. So, "Simple and accurate twodimensional angle estimation for a single source with uniform circular array," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 7, 78-80 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2008.916687
- B. Liao, Y. Wu, and S. Chan, "A generalized algorithm for fast two dimensional angle estimation of a single source with uniform circular array," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 11, 984-986 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2012.2213792
- Y. Wu, H. Wang, L. Huang, and H. C. So, "Fast algorithm for three-dimensional single near-field source localization with uniform circular array," in Proc. IEEE CIE Int. Conf. RADAR, 1, 350-352, (2011).
- T. J. Jung, and K. K. Lee, "Closed-form algorithm for 3-D single-source localization with uniform circular array," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 13, 1096-1099 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2327992
- E. H. Bae, and K. K. Lee, "Closed-form 3-D localization for single source in uniform circular array with a center sensor", IEICE Trans. Commun. E92-B, 1053-1056 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1587/transcom.E92.B.1053
- J. Lee, I. Song, H, Kwon, and S. R. Lee, "Low-complexity estimation of 2D DOA for Coherently distributed sources," Signal Processing, 83, 1789-1802, (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1684(03)00103-8
- J. Delmas, and H. Gazzah, "CRB analysis of near-field source localization using uniform circular arrays," in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, 3996-4000, (2013).