- Volume 35 Issue 1
Since a variety of sound occur in same place and similar sound occurs in other places, the performance of acoustic scene classification is not guaranteed in case of insufficient training data. A Bag of Words (BOW) based histogram feature is foreseen as a method to overcome the problem. However, since the histogram features is made by using a feature distribution, the ordering of sequence of features is ignored. A temporal information such as periodicity and stationarity are also important for acoustic scene classification. In this paper, temporal features about a periodicity and a stationarity are extracted by using a recurrent quantification analysis. In the experiment, performance of the proposed method is shown better than other baseline methods.
Acoustic scene classification;Bag of Words (BOW);Recurrence quantification analysis;Support vector machine
- W. Choi, S. Kim, M. Keum, D. K. Han, and H. Ko, "Acoustic and visual signal based context awareness system for mobile application," IEEE Trans. Cons. Elec. 57, 738-746 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2011.5955216
- S. Chu, S. Narayanan, C.-C. Jay Kuo, and M. J. Matari, "Where am I? Scene recognition for mobile robots using audio features," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Multimedia and Expo., 885-888 (2006).
- Y. Xu, W. J. Li, and K. K. Lee, Intelligent Wearable Interfaces, (John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2008).
- T. Heittola, A. Mesaros, A. Eronen, and T. Virtanen, "Context-dependent sound event detection." EURASIP J. Audio, Speech, and Music Process. 1, 1-13 (2013).
- D. Barchiesi, D. Giannoulis, D. Stowell, and M.D. Plumbley, "Acoustic Scene Classification," IEEE Sig. Process. Mag. 32, 16-34, (2015).
- S. Park, W. Choi, and H. Ko, "Frequency-cepstral features for bag of words based acoustic context awareness" (in Korea), J. Acoust. Soc. Kr. 33, 248-254 (2014). https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2014.33.4.248
- J. P. Zbilut and C. L. Webber, Wiley Encyclopedia Biomedical Engineering: Recurrence quantification analysis, (John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2006), pp. 1-9.
- V. Carletti, P. Foggia, G. Percannella, A. Saggese, N.Strisciuglio, and M. Vento, "Audio surveillance using a bag of aural words classifier," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Ad. Video and Sig. Surveil., 81-86 (2013).
- C.C. Chang and C.J. Lin, "LIBSVM : a library for support vector machines," ACM Trans. Intelligent Sys. and Tech.,2, 1-27 (2011).
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 고려대학교