- Volume 18 Issue 1
This study examines wearing conditions of skinny jeans for women in their 20's. The study is based on a questionnaire survey. The survey was conducted on 313 Korean 20's women living in Gwangju to analyze wearing dissatisfaction with skinny jeans. The final analysis included 298 responses and the content of the questionnaire consisted of 28 questions. The study used descriptive statistics for analysis using SPSS Statistics 20.0. According to the questionnaire survey, 20's women are the largest group that wear skinny jeans and they have a positive image of them. However, they do not know the exact size for skinny jeans, whereas they are knowledgeable about their general pants size. The results of the survey on the state of wearing dissatisfaction indicate that they think that the difference in size by each brand is the most difficult part when choosing skinny jeans and they felt lower body uncomfortableness in the waist and abdominal positions. It means that size subdivision and pattern development of skinny jeans should be suitable to all lower body types to resolve wearing dissatisfaction. This study represents base data for size subdivision and pattern development of skinny jeans.
wearing condition;skinny jeans;general pants;wearing dissatisfaction;lower body
- Do, W. H. (2003). A study on lower body type of adult males for tightfit slacks pattern making. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 12(4), 559-570.
- Hong, H. W., & Ha, H. J. (2014). The present possession of jeans and perception of jeans' fit among women in their 20s. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 22(1), 126-142. doi:10.7741/rjcc.2014.22.1.126 https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2014.22.1.126
- Kim, E. J. (2003). Actual state of wearing and dress evaluation by jeans types. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Lee, E. H. (2013). A study on the current state of skinny pants wearing among college students for better wearing sensations. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 19(3), 594-606..
- Oh, S., & Lim, J. S. (2012). A research on wearing practice, design preferences, and the fit of the blue jeans on female university students in Korea and China. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Trend, 34, 157-168.
- 'Skinny jeans'. (1997, August 25). Fashion professional data dictionary. Retrieved December 03, 2015, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=281793&cid=50345&categoryId=50345
- 'Skinny jeans'. (2006, April 20). Yonhapnews. Retrieved June 20, 2014, from http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0001275989
- 'Skinny jeans'. (2009, July 3). Fashionbiz. Retrieved June 20, 2014, from http://fashion.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=02&c1=02&c2=02&c3=00&nkey=200907031758593&mode=sub_view
- 'Skinny jeans'. (2014, May 27). DTnews24. Retrieved June 20, 2014, from http://www.dtnews24.com/news/article.html?no=363570
- 'Slim jeans'. (1997, August 25). Fashion professional data dictionary. Retrieved December 03, 2015, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=282347&cid=50345&categoryId=50345
- 'Ultra super skinny jeans'. (2010, September 20). Fashion Journal. Retrieved November 24, 2014, from http://okfashion.co.kr/detail.php?number=13437&thread=81r11
- 'Wide pants'. (1997, August 25). Fashion professional data dictionary. Retrieved December 03, 2015, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=284258&cid=42822&categoryId=42822
- Yim, E. H. (2011). Idealization of the body in fashion-Focus on skinny jeans as an externalized corset-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(10), 1215-1227. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.10.1215 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.10.1215
- 'Bell bottom jeans'. (1997, August 25). Fashion professional data dictionary. Retrieved December 03. 2015, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=279470&cid=50345&categoryId=50345
- Cho, Y. S. (2009). Relationship between hip shape and pattern using 3D body model. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(2), 226-275. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.2.266 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.2.266
- Choi, J. (2008). A study on analysis of lower body type from 3D body scan data and boots cut jeans pattern-Focus on the virtual appearance evaluation-. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Choi, S. L. (2013). A study on fitness improvement of skinny jeans for Korean 20's women. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- The Difference Analysis on the Preference and Desired Image of Skinny Jeans according to Demographic Characteristics vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2016.20.4.141
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 전남대학교