- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Classification of Lower Body Types of Female Adults aged 18 to 69 based on 3D Body Scan Data - Focusing on the Front Type, Lateral-Front Type, and Lateral-Back Type -
- Kim, Min Kyoung ;
- Nam, Yun Ja
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study classified the lower body types of female adults aged 18 to 69. The lower body was divided into front, lateral front, and lateral back. In order to understand the shape and somatotype of each segment, 592 people were analyzed based on girth, height, length, depth, width, angle and cross section distance for each segment. For data analysis, SPSS 18.0 was performed for descriptive statics, principal component analysis, K-means cluster analysis, ANOVA, and Duncan's test (as verification). Factor analysis was performed based on index values, calculation values, angles, and cross section distances. The measured items resulted in a.) 16 items were extracted to 5 factors in the case of the front factor (FF) of the lower body, and b.) 24 items were extracted to 6 factors in the case of lateral front factor (LFF) and lateral back factor (LBF). Each factor was put through K-means cluster analysis, classifying the lower bodies into one of four types of based on the front type (FT), the lateral front type (LFT), and the lateral back type (LBT) respectively. This study proposed an understanding of various lower body shapes by segmenting and classifying the lower body shapes for each type.
lower body type;front type;lateral front type;lateral back type
- Choi, Y. K. (1997). Shape classification of body type on adult female and its variation of size and shape according to their age. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Choi, Y. L. (2008). Classification of upper lateral body shapes and pattern alteration for mass customization. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Hahm, O. S., & Chung, I. H. (1999). A study on the basic sacks pattern for middle aged women based on their lower body shape analysis. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 7(6), 140-158.
- Jang, S. E., & Chang, J. H. (2008). A study on a men's dress shirt pattern by somatotype for mass customization system. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(2), 294-306.. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.2.294 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.2.294
- Jung, M. S. (1994). Classification of somatotype and its characteristic according to age group of adult female. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Kim, D. H., Kim, S. M., & Park, C. K. (2015). Development of a precise made-to-measure system for Korean air force winter uniform slacks. Journal of the Korean Fiber Society, 52(2), 120-125. doi:10.12772/TSE.2015.52.120 https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2015.52.120
- Kim, H. K., & Lim, J. Y. (1999). Characteristics and classification of the lower body somatotype for the construction of junior high school girls' clothing. Family and Environment Research, 37(1), 109-118.
- Kim, I. H., Nam, Y. J., & Kim, S. M. (2011a). Development of air force winter service uniform shirt pattern and automatic pattern drafting program for MTM production. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(11), 1271-1284. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.11.1271 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.11.1271
- Kim, I. H., Nam, Y. J., & Kim, S. M. (2013). Development of air force winter service uniform slacks pattern and automatic pattern drafting program for mass customization. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(2), 256-267. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.2.256 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.2.256
- Kim, K. H., & Lee, K. H. (2011). A research on the pattern fabrication of skirt due to the lower body type of the old aged woman. Journal of Fashion Business, 15(5), 178-194.
- Kim, M. K., Nam, Y. J., Han, H. S., & Choi, Y. L. (2011b). Improvement of cross sectional distance measurement method of 3D human body. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 13(6), 966-971. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.6.966
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2004). The 5th Size Korea 3D scan & measurement technology report. Seoul: Government Printing Office.
- Moon, M. O. (2001). A study on the young aged women's lower body types-correspondence lower body types by direct measurements with side and back view types from waistline to gluteal furrow line-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(8), 1420-1431.
- Lee, J. R., Hong, E. S., & Paek, K. J. (2008). Lower body type of women in their thirties after childbirth. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(6), 979-988.
- Lee, S. J., & Hong, J. M. (1999). Analysis of lower somatotype on adult women and appearance analysis of flare skirts by using the image processing. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 1(3), 252-258.
- Lim, J. Y. (2003). Classification of lower frontal and lateral body shapes-junior-high school girls between the ages of 13 and 15 years old-. Family and Environment Research, 41(4), 101-110.
- Park, H. J., & Nam, Y. J. (2001). A study on the basic slacks pattern by the automatic drafting for the order-based production-Focused on young women in their twenties-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(1), 91-102.
- Rasband, J. (1994). Fabulous Fit. New York: Fairchild Publications.