- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Consumer's Perception and Product Satisfaction·Dissatisfaction with Urban Outdoor Wear based on Kano Model: Focused on University Students
어반 아웃도어웨어에 대한 소비자 인식과 Kano 모델을 적용한 제품 만족·불만족에 대한 연구: 대학생을 중심으로
Jun, Daegeun;Kim, Heekyoung;Kim, Hyeran;Park, Soonjee
- Received : 2016.01.11
- Accepted : 2016.02.05
- Published : 2016.02.28
This research was designed to figure out the perception and attitude of university students toward urban outdoor wear and to provide the guidelines for product quality improvement using Kano model. A total of 270 responses were analyzed by SPSS 20.0 through frequency and factor analysis. Respondents' levels for outdoor activity & outdoor products possession being still low, steady growth in urban outdoor wear market is expected. A total of eight quality factors were identified through factor analysis; suitability, production quality, functionality, ease of care, fabric performance, portability, fashionability, and symbolism. Based on Kano model, quality factors of urban outdoor wear were categorized into three groups: one-dimensional; indifferent; and must-be quality factor. It was found that consumers were satisfied with urban outdoor wear only when it meets the needs for suitability for body types and ease of care, meaning that manufactures should be cautious not to lose these features. Being must-be quality factor, production quality(form stability, quality of subsidiary materials), and fabric performance such as colorfastness should be basically satisfied. The relative importance of each quality feature on satisfaction/dissatisfaction was investigated using CSC(customer satisfaction coefficient). Based on the CSC, every item was classified again. Attractive quality features with large CSC were shown in suitability factor. Must-be quality features with small CSC were mainly shown in functionality and fabric performance factors. These findings imply that manufactures of urban outdoor wear should not only maintain the production quality but also focus on suitability features to differentiate their product with previous products.
urban outdoor wear;product satisfaction/dissatisfaction level;Kano model;customer satisfaction coefficient
- Ahn, M. Y., & Park, J. O. (2007). A study on classification of apparel product quality characteristics based on customer satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(5), 765-776. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.5.765 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.5.765
- Berger, C., Blauth, R., Boger, D., Bolster, C., Burchill, G., DuMouchel, W., Pouliot, F., Richter, R., Rubinoff, A., Shen, D., Timko, M., & Walden, D. (1993). Kano's methods for understanding customerdefined quality. Center for Quality of Management Journal, 2(4), 3-35.
- Cha, I. A. (2013). A study on color design of outdoor brand to enhance brand identit. Unpublished master's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.
- Chung, S. J. (2015). Middle-aged female consumers' buying behavior of outdoor sportswear. Journal of the Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, 17(3), 99-113.
- Han, E. J., & Lee, J. R. (2011). Investigation of preference for outdoor jacket and design prototype. Journal of the Fashion Business 15(4), 167-181.
- Han, S. I., & Hwang, S. J. (2011). A study on service quality of fashion retail stores, using the Kano model & potential customer satisfaction improvement index-Focused on department stores-. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 61(1), 34-46..
- Jeon, M. J., Oh, H. S., & Kim, J. W. (2012). A study on the outdoor wear evaluation criteria and purchase practices according to fashion lifestyle. Treatise on The Plastic Media, 15(3), 201-208.
- Kang, Y. R. (2015). Research on the sponsorship marketing effect of the outdoor wear brand. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Kano, N., Seraku, N., Takahashi, F., & Tsuji, S. (1984). Attractive quality and must be quality. The Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14(2), 39-48.
- Kim, H. T., & Lee, J. C. (2002). An empirical study on customeroriented quality creation of shoe. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 30(1), 1-21.
- Kim, I. E., & Ha, J. S. (2012). A study on design characteristics in outdoor wear. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 12(1), 93-109.
- Kim, M. S., & Kim, M. S. (2003). Consumers' evaluative criteria of quality on the clhtong products. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 11(1), 46-65.
- Kim, S. M. (2014). The benefit segmentation of outdoor wear consumers in their 30's and 40's and buying behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. (2015). Design development of outdoor wear for trail running. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 65(3), 151-166.. doi:10.7233/jksc.2015.65.3.151 https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2015.65.3.151
- Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry. (2014). 2014 Korea fashion market. Daegu: Author.
- Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry. (2015). 2015 Korea fashion market. Daegu: Author.
- Lee, J. Y. (2013). A study on fashion leadership of clothing and makeup, information sources, and ongoing information search. Journal of Fashion Business, 17(1), 157-169. doi:10.12940/jfb.2013.17.1.157 https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2013.17.1.157
- Lee, Y. M., & Park, J. O. (2010). The quality characteristics based on customer required attributes of middle and elderly women's formal knitwear. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(5), 844-855. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.844 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.844
- Lim, S. U., & Park, Y. T. (2010). Potential customer satisfaction improvement index based on Kano model. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 38(2), 248-260.
- Oh, H. J., & Rhee, E. Y. (1998). Concept definition and multi dimensional classification of apparel quality. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 22(3), 374-383.
- Oh, H. S. (2011). A study on the market of the outdoor wear. Treatise on the Plastic Media, 14(3), 99-104.
- Paek, K. J., Hwang, Y. M., & Lee, J. R. (2013). Actual wearing conditions and attitude: An initial report on an outdoor wearing survey for man and woman in their 30s to 50. Journal of Fashion & Textiles Research, 15(5), 787-796. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.787 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.787
- Park, Y. H. (2013). A study on purchasing conditions and consumer complaint of outdoor sportswear. Journal of the Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, 15(3), 85-97.
- 'Second generation outdoor brand'. (2015, December 16). Global Economic. Retrieved December 29, 2015, from http://www.genews.com
- Shin, B. S., & Kim, K. S. (2012). Coffee shop's quality classification and customer satisfaction improvement index by Kano model. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(7), 346-357. doi:10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.07.346 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.07.346
- Yoo, H. J. (1994). A study on the success factors of TQM. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 22(1), 33-53.
- Ergonomic 3D Pattern Development of Outdoor T-shirt for Men vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.4.451
Supported by : 영남대학교