- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of a Sizing System and a Draping Pattern for Hip Protector based on 3D Data Analysis of Korean Older Women
한국 노인의 3D 인체특성 분석을 통한 Hip protector 치수체계 수립 및 입체패턴 설계
Jeon, Eun-Jin;Park, Sei-Kwon;You, Hee-Cheon;Kim, Hee-Eun
- Received : 2016.01.07
- Accepted : 2016.02.15
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study aimed to develop an optimal sizing system and a draping pattern for hip protector based on an analysis of anthropometric characteristics of Korean older women. A hip protector is a specialized form of pants or underwear containing pads along the outside of each hip. The 3D body scan data of Korean older women were analyzed to identify their anthropometric characteristics and a four-size system with 93% of population accommodation was developed by clustering analysis based on key dimensions derived from factor analysis. The sizing system consists of small/short, large/short, small/tall, and large/tall. A 3D physical model and hip pads were fabricated; then, a hip protector was draped on the 3D model and hip pads. The sizing system of hip protector was analyzed in terms of size and shape and a draping pattern was compared on back center, back side, front side, front center and pad. Lastly, the pattern deformation and clothing pressure were analyzed using the virtual clothing system CLO. Virtual system have disadvantage of not to suggest the objective value. In the future research the wearing comfort and impact absorption of the hip protector needs to be tested and then a hip protector design will be finalized by considering the hip protector's size, material, comfort testing results, aesthetic appeal, protection effectiveness, and practical utility of everyday use.
hip protector;sizing system;draping pattern;anthropometric characteristic;virtual fit
- Cui, M. H., Choi, Y. L., Nam, Y. J., & Choi, K. M. (2007). The standardization of developing method of 3-D upper front shell of men in twenties. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 9(4), 418-424.
- Choi, Y. L., Nam, Y. J., & Choi, K. M. (2006). Optimal matrix standardization for pattern flattening using grid method-Focused on young women's upper front shell-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(8), 1242-1252.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. (2013). Health Insurance Statistics. Retrieved April 6, 2015, from http://hira.or.kr
- Jeon, E. J., Park, S. K., You, H. C., & Kim, H. E. (2014). Wearing characteristic evaluation of hip protector for hip fracture prevention. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(10), 1001-1007. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.6.1001 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.6.1001
- Jeong, Y. H., & Hong, K. H. (2008). Pattern development using the curvature plot of 3D human scan data. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(9), 1478-1486. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.9.1478 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.9.1478
- Jeong, Y. H., & Hong, K. H. (2006). Development of 2D tight-fitting pattern from 3D scan data. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(1), 157-166..
- Kwon, O. C., Jung, K. H., Sun, M. S., You, H. C., & Kim, H. E. (2004). Determination and application of key dimensions for a sizing system of glove by analyzing the relationships between hand anthropometric variables. Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 23(3), 25-38. doi:10.5143/JESK.2004.23.3.025 https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2004.23.3.025
- Lee, B. H., Jung, K. H., & You, H. C. (2011). Development of a distributed representative human model generation and analysis system for multiple-size product design. Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 30(5), 683-688. doi:10.5143/JESK.2011.30.5.683 https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2011.30.5.683
- Laing, R. M., Holland, E. J., & Niven, B. E. (1999). Development of sizing systems for protective clothing for the adult male. Ergonomics, 42(10), 1249-1257. doi:10.1080/001401399184929 https://doi.org/10.1080/001401399184929
- McCulloch, C. E., Paal, B., & Ashdown, S. P. (1998). An optimization approach to apparel sizing. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 49(5), 492-299. doi:10.2307/3009887 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2600533
- Park, H. J., Shin, S. C., Shon, B. H., & Hong, K. H. (2008). Improvement of ECG measurement for the elderly's U-healthcare clothing using 3D tight-fit pattern. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(5), 676-682.
- Park, J. H., & Lee, J. R. (2014). Study on preference survey for developing the fall Impact protective clothing-Targeting women ages of 50s to 70s-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(1), 101-110. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.101 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.101
- Robinette, K. M., & Annis, J. F. (1986). A nine-size system for chemical defense gloves. Technical Report (AAMRL-TR-86-.029) (AD A173 193), Harry G. Armstrong Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory, Wright-. Patterson Air Force Base, OH.
- Statistics Korea. (2006). Increase rate of elderly population. Retrieved October 21, 2015, from http://kostat.go.kr
- Evaluation of the Wearing Characteristics of Hip Protectors Based on Draping Pattern Design and Body Shape in Korean Elderly People vol.30, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2017.30.4.180
- Development and Evaluation of Fall Impact Protection Pad vol.20, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.4.422
- A Comparative Analysis of the Draping Method in Basic Bodice vol.20, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.6.713
Supported by : 한국연구재단