- Volume 58 Issue 1
Recently, the high-strength concrete is increasingly used in the construction of reinforced concrete structures due to its benefits, but this use is influenced negatively on the local ductility of structural elements. The objective of this study is the prediction of a new approach to evaluate the curvature ductility factor of high strength concrete beams according to Eurocode 2. After the presentation of the Constitutive laws of materials and the evaluation method of curvature ductility according to the Eurocode 2, we conduct a parametric study on the factors influencing the curvature ductility of inflected sections. The calibrating of the obtained results allows predicting a very simple approach for estimating the curvature ductility factor. The proposed formula allows to calculate the curvature ductility factor of high strength concrete beams directly according to the concrete strength
Eurocode 2;beam;reinforcement;curvature ductility;high strength concrete
- Arslan, G. and Ercan, C. (2010), "Curvature ductility prediction of reinforced high strength concrete beam sections", J. Civil Eng. Manage., 16(4), 462-470. https://doi.org/10.3846/jcem.2010.52
- CAN3-A23.3-94 (1994), Design of concrete structures for building, Canadian Standards Association, Ontario Canada.
- EN 1992-1-1 (2004), Design of concrete structures-Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings, Eurocode 2, Brussels.
- ACI 318 (2014), Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-14) and commentary (ACI 318R-14), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills USA.
- Hong, G.H. (2011), "Flexural performance evaluation of reinforced concrete beams with high-strength concrete and reinforcing bars", J. Arch. Inst. Korea, 27(6), 49-56.
- Jang, I.Y., Park, H.G., Kim, S.S., Kim, J.H. and Kim, Y.G. (2008), "On the ductility of high-strength concrete beams", Int. J. Concrete Struct. Mater., 2(2), 115-122. https://doi.org/10.4334/IJCSM.2008.2.2.115
- Kassoul, A. and Bougara, A. (2010), "Maximum ratio of longitudinal tensile reinforcement in high strength doubly reinforced concrete beams designed according to Eurocode 8", Eng. Struct., 32, 3206-3213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.06.009
- Kwan, A.K.H., Ho, J.C.M. and Pam, H.J. (2002), "Flexural strength and ductility of reinforced concrete beams", Proceedings of The ICE Advances In Struc. Buil, 152(4), 361-369. https://doi.org/10.1680/stbu.2002.152.4.361
- Lee, H.J. (2013a), "Predictions of curvature ductility factor of reinforced concrete beam sections used high strength concrete and steel", J. Korean Soc. Civil Eng., 33(2), 483-493. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.483
- Lee, H.J. (2013b), "Evaluation on moment-curvature relations and curvature ductility factor of reinforced concrete beams with high strength materials", J. Korea Concrete Inst., 25(3), 283-294. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.3.283
- Maghsoudi, A.A. and Bengar, H.A. (2006), "Flexural ductility of HSC members", Struct. Eng. Mech., 24(2), 195-212. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2006.24.2.195
- Maghsoudi, A.A. and Sharifi, Y. (2009), "Ductility of high strength concrete heavily steel reinforced memb", Scientia Iranica Trans A Civil Eng, 16(4), 297-307.
- Mohammad, M., Suhatril, M., Shariati, M. And Ghanbari, F. (2013), "Ductility and strength assessment of hsc beams with varying of tensile reinforcement ratios", Struct. Eng. Mech., 48(6), 833-848. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2013.48.6.833
- Pam, H.J., Kwan, A.K.H. and Islam, M.S. (2001a), "Flexural strength and ductility of reinforced normal-and high-strength concrete beams", Proceedings of the ICE Struc. Buil, 146(4), 381-389. https://doi.org/10.1680/stbu.2001.146.4.381
- Pam, H.J., Kwan, A.K.H. and Ho, J.C.M. (2001b), "Post-Peak behavior and flexural ductility of doubly reinforced high-strength concrete beams", Struct. Eng. Mech., 12(5), 459-474. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2001.12.5.459
- Park, R. and Ruitong, D. (1988), "Ductility of doubly reinforced beam sections", ACI Struct. J., Title No 85-S24.
- prEN 1998-1 (2003), Design of structures for earthquake resistance Part 1: General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings, Eurocode 8, Brussels.
- Rashid, M.A. and Mansur, M.A. (2005), "Reinforced high-strength concrete beams in flexure", ACI Struct. J., 102(3), 462-471.
- Shohana, I., Maina, K. and Noor, M. A. (2012), "Beam ductility experiment using 500 grade steel", Int. J. Sci. Eng. Inves., 1(1), 1-6.
- 1. Behaviour of Multi-Storey Prefabricated Modular Buildings under seismic loads vol.11, pp.6, 2016, doi:10.12989/sem.2016.58.1.001