- Volume 21 Issue 1
Although the initial cost of permanent-magnet linear synchronous motors is high owing to the installation of armatures over the full length of the transportation lines, linear motors are useful for transportation systems because of their high speed, acceleration, and deceleration. For these reasons, research into reducing the cost of linear motors is necessary, and a stationary distributed-armature system has been suggested for installing armatures in sections where acceleration and deceleration of the mover are required. However, each armature has ends that significantly increase the cogging force, resulting in the increase in the thrust ripple of the mover. Therefore, in order to improve the thrust ripple of the system, the present study aims to provide auxiliary teeth on both ends of the armature to achieve an optimal design through an analysis of the contribution ratio with respect to factors regarding the design of the experiment and the objective function.
distributed-armature;end cogging force;auxiliary teeth;long-distance transportation
- K. C. Lim, J. K. Woo, G. H. Kang, J. P. Hong, and G. T. Kim, IEEE Trans. Magn. 38, 2 (2002).
- J. Y. Lee, J. W. Kim, B. H. Woo, and D. H. Kang, J. Magn. 18, 2 (2013).
- D. W. Chung and Y. M. You, J. Magn. 20, 2 (2015).
- Y. U. Park, J. H. Cho, S. H. Rhyu, and D. K. Kim, J. Magn. 18, 2 (2013).
- I. S. Hwang, H. S. Yoon, and C. S. Koh, Trans. KIEE. 57, 4 (2008).
- Y. J. Kim, K. M. Lee, and M. Watada, J. Magn. 16, 3 (2011).
- C. F. Wang, J. X. Shen, Y. Wang, L. L. Wang, and M. J. Jin, IEEE Trans. Magn. 45, 6 (2009).
- C. C. Hwang, P. L. Li, and C. T. Liu, IEEE Trans. Magn. 48, 2 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2194596
- Y. J. Kim, J. The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences 7, 5 (2012).
- D. H. Hyun and Y. S. Lee, J. of the Korea Soc. of Automotive Engineers 14, 6 (1992).
- A. M. Omekanda, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 42, 2 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.861274
- S. Brisset, F. Gillon, S. Vivier, and P. Brochet, IEEE Trans. Magn. 37, 5 (2001).
- Y. H. Liu, C. H. Hsieh, and Y. F. Luo, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 26, 2 (1999).
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea