- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Parametric Analysis of Tubular-Type Linear Magnetic Couplings with Halbach Array Magnetized Permanent Magnet by Using Analytical Force Calculation
- Kim, Chang-Woo ;
- Choi, Jang-Young
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.11
- Published : 2016.03.31
Magnetic couplings are widely used in various industrial applications because they can transmit magnetic force without any mechanical contact. In addition, linear couplings have many advantages. For example, they do not need to convert rotary motion to linear motion. This paper shows an analytical analysis of tubular type linear magnetic couplings (TLMCs) with a Halbach array magnetized permanent magnet (PM). An analytical method for magnetic fields owing to PMs is performed by using magnetic vector potential as well as Poisson and Laplace equations. Then, the magnetic force is calculated by using the Maxwell stress tensor. The analytical analysis results were compared with finite element method (FEM) results. In addition, we predicted the magnetic force characteristic according to design parameters such as the iron core thickness, inner PM thickness to -outer PM thickness ratio, PM segment ratio of the axial magnetized PM segment and radial magnetized PM segment, and various pole numbers.
Parametric analysis;Halbach array;magnetic coupling;analytical method
- S. M. Jang, J. Y. Choi, H. W. Cho, and S. H. Lee, IEEE Trans. Magn. 41, 2028 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.846266
- W. Jiabin, W. Weiya, G. W. Jewell, and D. Howe, IEEE Trans. Ind. Magn. 49, 640 (2002).
- J. Wang, G. W. Jewell, and D. Howe, IEEE Trans. Magn. 35, 1986 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.764898
- H. B. Kang and J. Y. Choi, J Electr. Eng. Tech. Magn. 9, 926 (2014). https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.926
- R. Ravaud, G. Lemarquand, V. Lemaruand, and C. Depollier, IEEE Trans. Magn. 45, 1950 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2010623
- R. Ravaud, V. Lemarquand, and Guy Lemarquand, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 3860 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2056379
- David L. Trumper, W. J. Kim, and Mark E. Williams, IEEE Trans. IAS. 32, 371(1996).
- B. L. J. Gysen, Messen, K. J., Paulides, J. J. H., and Lomonova, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 39 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2027598
- Analysis and Structure Optimization of Radial Halbach Permanent Magnet Couplings for Deep Sea Robots vol.2018, pp.1563-5147, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7627326
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea