- Volume 43 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of simulation model for fuel efficiency of agricultural tractor
Kim, Wan-Soo;Kim, Yong-Joo;Chung, Sun-Ok;Lee, Dae-Hyun;Choi, Chang-Hyun;Yoon, Young-Whan
- Received : 2015.12.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.25
- Published : 2016.03.31
The objective of this study is to predict the fuel efficiency of an agricultural tractor. The fuel efficiency of the tractor during rotary tillage was predicted using numerical modeling. A numerical model was developed using Simulation X. Based on tractor power flow, numerical modeling consisted of an engine, transmission, PTO (power take off), and hydraulics. The specifications of major components utilized in the numerical model were the same as those of a 71 kW tractor (field test tractor). The load that was inputted for fuel efficiency prediction into the simulation model was obtained from a field test. Fuel efficiency predictions were conducted by comparing field test results and simulation results. In addition, it was performed by dividing the rotary tillage and steering section. Main results are as follows: first, t-values of engine torque were measured to be 0.31 in the rotary tillage and 0.92 in the steering section. Second, t-values of fuel consumption were measured to be 0.51 and 5.41 in the rotary tillage and the steering section, respectively. Finally, t-values of fuel efficiency were measured to be 1.72 and 40 in the rotary tillage and the steering section, respectively. The results show no significant differences with t-values of less than 5% in the rotary tillage. But, it shows significant differences in the steering section. Therefore, simulation for accurate fuel efficiency prediction requires a suitable algorithm or detailed design of the simulation model in the steering section.
agricultural tractor;fuel efficiency;rotary tillage;simulation x
- Andre M. 2004. The ARTEMIS European driving cycles for measuring car pollutant emissions. Science of The Total Environment 334-335:78-84.
- Kim DJ. 2004. Hydraulic engineering. Bookshill, Seoul, Korea. [in Korean]
- Kim DM, Kim SC, Lee SH, Kim YJ, Jang JS. 2015a. Analysis of the fuel consumption and the development of the analysis model of the hybrid tractor. Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 23(3):326-335. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2015.23.3.326
- Kim GS, Kim JS, Park YI, Lee CB. 2015b. Driving performance prediction for low-floor midsize bus using simulator. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers 24(5):541-547. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2015.24.5.541
- Kim HG, Kim DJ, Lee CH, Lee CB, Park JH, Lee JT. 2010a. The study for development of Seoul city bus driving cycle. The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 2010 Annual Conference and Exhibition 11:934-939.
- Kim KS, Na SD, Kim BM, Jeong CM, Yoo WS. 2012. Environment of real-time simulation for vehicle dynamic model. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers 2012 Autumn Conference 11:218-219.
- Kim SC, Kim KU, Kim DC. 2010b. Modeling of fuel consumption rate for agricultural tractors. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(1):1-9. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.1.001
- Kim WS, Kim YJ, Lee DH, Yoon YH. 2015c. Evaluation of tractor fuel efficiency using simulation x. Korea Society of Precision Agriculture & Agricultural Production Automation Research Center 2015 International Joint Symposium on Unmanned Journal 273-275.
- Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH, Lee DH. 2011. Evaluation of tractor PTO Severeness during rotary tillage operation. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36(3):163-170. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.3.163
- Lee DH, Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH, Lee KH, Shin BS. 2015a. Analysis of the PTO load of a 75 kW agricultural tractor during rotary tillage and baler operation in Korean upland fields. Journal of Terramechanics 60:75-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jterra.2015.06.002
- Lee DH, Choi CH, Chung SO, Kim YJ, Nam YS, So JH. 2015b. Study on evaluation of tractor performance in indoor test using working cycle. Journal of Biosystems Engineering/The Korean Society for Bio-Environment Control 161-162.
- Lyu MS, Doo BM, Ku YG. 2008. A study of the fuel economy improvement of a heavy duty in commercial vehicle(I). Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 16(5):44-48.
- Park SH, Kim YJ, Im DH, Kim CK, Jang Y, Kim SS. 2010a. Analysis of factors affecting fuel consumption of agricultural tractor. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(3):151-157. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.3.151
- Park SH, Kim YJ, Im DH, Kim CK, Jung SC, Kim HJ, Lee JS, Kim SS. 2010b. Characteristics of tractor PTO power and workloads. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 35(1):15-20. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.1.015
- Ryu KH, Kim KU, Kim KD, Kim ST, Park GJ, Part SJ, Park JK, Seo SR, Shin BS, Yeon KS, Lee KS, Lee KM. 2014. Tractors engineering. Munundang, Seoul, Korea. [in Korean]
- Shin SG, Hwang YH, Lee HK. 2015. Development of simulation-based test environment for quantitative vehicle fuel consumption analysis. The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 2015 Annual Conference 5:1198-1202.
- Song JH, Kim DJ, Lee CH, Lee CB. 2009. Simulation of effect of vehicle driving pattern on fuel consumption. The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 2009 Annual Conference and Exhibition 11:2039-2044.
- Yoon HW. 2012a. Development of working cycle for performance evaluation of tractor field operations. Ph.D. dissertation, Sungkyunkwan Univ., Suwon, Korea. [in Korean]
- Yoon YH, Jang JS, Lee YB. 2012b. An analysis of dynamic characteristics for variable swash plate type axial piston pump. The Korea Fluid Power Systems Society Conference 6:23-30.
- Yu JK, Shin DH, Oh KS, Yoon JW, Yi KS. 2013. Tractor resonance analysis and validation. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers 2013 Conference 12:1972-1976.
- Load capacity simulation of an agricultural gear reducer by surface heat treatment vol.43, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7744/kjoas.20160069
- Effects of PTO gear face width on safety factors vol.43, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7744/kjoas.20160068
- Analysis of the PTO Torque of a Transplanter by Planting Condition vol.41, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2016.41.4.313
Supported by : 농림축산식품부