- Volume 29 Issue 1
Objectives: AMH is considered a sensitive marker of ovarian reserve, and it tends to be included among basic fertility tests. This paper is to report two spontaneous pregnancies and two elevated AMH which were achieved by subfertile women with low AMH level after Korean medical treatments. Methods: The patients in these cases were 36~41 years old. Four subfertile patients with low AMH level (0.01 to 1.88 ng/mL) were treated with herbal medication, acupuncture, moxibustion between June 2013 and December 2015. The patients were diagnosed as Kidney deficiency (腎虛), Blood extravasation (瘀血) and/or Liver Qi stagnation (肝氣鬱結). Results: The two subfertile women with low AMH level achieved spontaneous pregnancy and two subfertile women with low AMH were elevated AMH after Korean medical treatments. Conclusions: The case report suggests that Korean medical treatment can be an effective option for subfertile women with low AMH level before Assisted Reproductive Technology.
- Lee JE, et al. Age-related distribution of anti-Müllerian hormone levels in 2,879 Korean women with regular menstruation. Korean J Obstet Gynecol. 2012;55(12):920-8. https://doi.org/10.5468/KJOG.2012.55.12.920
- Rice S, et al. Stage-specific expression of androgen receptor, follicle-stimulating hormone receptor, and anti-Müllerian hormone type II receptor in single, isolated, human preantral follicles: relevance to polycystic ovaries. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism. 2007;92(3):1034-40. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2006-1697
- La Marca A, et al. Anti-Müllerian hormone(AMH) as a predictive marker in assisted reproductive technology(ART). Hum Reprod Update. 2004;16(2):113-30.
- Broer SL, et al. AMH and AFC as predictors of excessive response in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: a meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update. 2011;17(1):46-54. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmq034
- Chausiaux O, et al. Is ovarian reserve a good marker of spontaneous conception in infertile women? A retrospective study of natural conception in 1551 women trying to conceive. Hum Repord. 2013;28(suppl 1): i27-8. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/det144
- Lee KW. Pyeonju heasuk hwangjenaekyung somun. 1st ed. Seoul:Yeokang publisher. 1994:25, 263.
- Josso N, Di Clemente N, Gouedard L. Anti-Müllerian hormone and its receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;179:25-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0303-7207(01)00467-1
- Rajpert-De Meyts E, et al. Expression of anti-Müllerian hormone during normal and pathological gonadal development:association with differentiation of Sertoli and granulosa cells. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism. 1999;84(10):3836-44.
- Fanchin R, et al. High reproducibility of serum anti-Müllerian hormone measurements suggests a multi-staged follicular secretion and strengthens its role in the assessment of ovarian follicular status. Human reproduction. 2005;20(4):923-7. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deh688
- La Marca A, et al. Normal serum concentrations of anti-müllerian hormone in women with regular menstrual cycles. Reprod Biomed Online. 2010;21:463-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2010.05.009
- Moon HJ, Cho HJ. A Case Report on Four Pregnancies of Subfertile Patients with Low Anti-Müllerian Hormone(AMH) Level after Korean Medical Treatments. J Korean Obstet Gynecol. 2015;28(2): 174-82. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.2.174
- Nelson SM, et al. Nomogram for the decline in serum antimullerian hormone: a population study of 9,601 infertility patients. Fertil Steril. 2010;95:736-41.
- de Vet A, et al. Antimullerian hormone serum levels : a putative marker for ovarian aging. Fertil Steril. 2002;77: 357-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(01)02993-4
- Freour T, et al. Active smoking compromises IVF outcome and affect sovarian reserve. Reprod Biomed Online. 2008;16:96-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1472-6483(10)60561-5
- Wachs DS, et al. Serum anti-müllerian hormone concentrations are not altered by acute administration of follicle stimulating hormone in polycystic ovary syndrome and normal women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92: 1871-4. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2006-2425
- Tal R, et al. Antimüllerian hormone as predictor of implantation and clinical pregnancy after assisted conception: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2015;103(1):119-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2014.09.041
- Leader B, Baker VL. Frequency of clinically significant changes in female serum AMH values when remeasured within 1 year. Fertil Steril. 2013;100(3):S58-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.04.005
- Jeong JC. Analysis of the Result of Korean Medicine Treatment for Female Subfertility Using Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion Treatment. J Korean Med. 2015;36(2):1-7.
- Lee HS, et al. A Retrospective Study on the Influence of Kamisoyo-san (Jiaweixiaoyao-san) on Improving Ovarian Function in Child-bearing Period Infertile Women with Ovarian Dysfunction. J Korean Oriental Med. 2009;30(5):137-45.
- Kim JT, et al. Bibliographic reviews on acupuncture treatment points applied in infertility. 1997;14(2):93-113.
- Korean Medical Treatment’s Report about a Spontaneous Pregnancy with Low Anti-Müllerian Hormone (AMH) Level and Thin Endometrium Infertility after Anorectal Cancer Surgery vol.29, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2016.29.1.135