- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Hydrodynamic Coefficients for Underwater Vehicle Using Rotating Arm Test
강제선회시험을 이용한 수중운동체의 유체력 미계수 추정
Jeong, Jae-Hun;Han, Ji-Hun;Ok, Jihun;Kim, Hyeong-Dong;Kim, Dong-Hun;Shin, Yong-Ku;Lee, Seung-Keon
- Received : 2015.06.25
- Accepted : 2015.02.18
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this study, hydrodynamic coefficients were obtained from a Rotating Arm (RA) test, which is one of the captive model tests used to provide accurate coefficients in the control motion equation of an underwater vehicle. The RA test was carried out at the RA facility of ADD (Agency for Defense Development), and the forces and moments acting on the underwater vehicle were measured using a six-axis waterproof gage. A multiple regression analysis was used in the analysis of the measured data. The experimental results were also verified by comparison with the theoretical values of the previous linear coefficients. In addition, the stability indices in the horizontal plane were calculated using the linear and nonlinear coefficients, and the dynamic stability of the underwater vehicle was estimated to have a good dynamic performance with a depth ratio of 6.0.
Rotating arm test;Hydrodynamic coefficient;Underwater vehicle;Depth ratio;Dynamic stability
- Feldman, J., 1995. Method of Perfoming Captive-Model Experiments to Predict the Stability and Control Characteristics of Submarines. Report CRDRNSWC-HD-0393-25.
- Feldman, J., 1987. Straightline and Rotating Arm Captive-Model Experiments to Investigate the Stability and Control Characteristics of Submarine and Other Submerged Vehicles, Report DTRC/SHD-0393-20.
- Gertler, M., Hagen, G.R., 1967. Standard Equations of Motion for Submarine Simulation. NSRDC-Report SR 009 01 01, TASK 0102.
- Jung, J.W., Jeong, J.H., Kim, I.G., Lee, S.K., 2014. Experimental Study on Hydrodynamic Coefficients of Autonomous Underwater Glider Using Vertical Planar Motion Mechanism Test. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 28(2), 119-125. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.2.119
- Kim, Y.G., Yun, K.H., Kim, S.Y., Kim, D.J., 2012. Captive Model Test of Submerged Body Using CPMC. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 49(4), 296-303. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2012.49.4.296
- Kim, S.Y., Yang, H.J., Kim, J.W., Hong, S.W., Kang, J.S., Jun, T.B., 2000. A Description of KRISO Rotating Arm System. Journal of Ship & Ocean Engineering, 29, 155-160.
- Pan, Y.C., Zhou, Q.D., Zhang, H.X, 2015. Numerical Simulation of Rotating Arm Test for Prediction of Submarine Rotary Derivatives. Journal of Hydrodynamics, 27(1), 68-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(15)60457-7
- Shin, H.K., Choi, S.H., 2011. Prediction of Maneuverability of KCS Using Captive Model Test. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 48(5), 465-472. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.5.465
- Shin, Y.K., 2007. Prediction of Hydrodynamic Coefficients for Maneuvering of Underwater Vehicles. Doctoral Degree Dissertation, Pusan National University.
- SNAME, 1950. Nomenclature for Treating the Motion of a Submerged Body Through a Fluid. The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineerings, Technical and Research Bulletin, 1-5, 1-15.
- Yun, K.H., Kim, Y.G., 2012. Study on the Maneuverability of Barge by Captive Model Test. Journal of Navigation and Port Research, 36(8), 613-618. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2012.36.8.613
- 6DOF Simulation and Determination of Hydrodynamic Derivatives of Underwater Tow-Fish Using CFD vol.53, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2016.53.4.315
- Hydrodynamic calculation and analysis of a complex-shaped underwater robot based on computational fluid dynamics and prototype test vol.9, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1687814017734500
Grant : SECRET PROJECT
Supported by : SECRET PROJECT